What do we cover?
What is Coconut Powder?
Coconut Powder is made from the dried up and grounded meat of a matured coconut. It is extremely nutritious and rich in calories. Coconut Powder has become a very popular dairy substitute that has a long shelf life and will not take up any refrigerator space. Coconut Powder has a variety of uses ranging from desserts to curries and it can also be used to make coconut milk by mixing the Coconut Powder with water.
What are the ingredients in Coconut Powder?
ALCO Coconut Powder is made from dehydrated and grounded coconut meat sourced from India. Coconut Powder also contains a small amount of emulsifiers, which keeps the coconut powder from clumping.
Where does Coconut Powder come from?
Coconut trees are most fruitful in tropical climates that do not get colder than 71 °F during the winter and no hotter than 93 °F during the summer. They also need a considerable amount of moisture and require anywhere from 45-95 inches of rainfall per year. The moisture is most needed during the summer when the palms flower and the fruits start to develop. India is the third largest coconut producing country in the world. However, India is home to the largest coconut producing region in the world. South India’s states Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh makeup this region.
How is Coconut Powder processed?
Before harvesting the meat of a coconut, you must wait for the coconut to reach maturity which can take up to twelve months after the coconut’s emergence. After the coconut has been harvested, the fresh coconut meat is removed from the outer shell. Once the coconut meat has been collected, it is then grated and pressed to create coconut milk. The coconut milk is then spray dried to dehydrate the coconut milk and turn it into coconut powder. After drying, the coconut powder is then sterilized, homogenized, placed into packaging and ready to be sold.
What does Coconut Powder taste like?
Coconut Powder has a mild, sweet and distinct flavor that will be ingrained into your taste buds the moment you try it.
What dietary and health benefits does Coconut Powder provide?
Dietary Benefits of Coconut Powder:
- Gluten Free
- Paleo Friendly
- KETO Friendly
- DAIRY FREE
Coconut Powder is full of a antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that have a wide range of potential health benefits, which include:Vitamin C
- An antioxidant that helps your cells fight against free radicals and lower your risk of disease. Vitamin C is also a very important nutrient needed to form blood vessels, cartilage, muscle and collagen in bones.
- A nutrient that plays a vital role in the health of your blood, brain, vision, skin and reproduction. Vitamin E is also an antioxidant that helps your cells fight against free radicals and lower your risk of blood clots within your blood vessels.
- Helps your body make energy from the food that you consume. They also aid in the formation of red blood cells.
- Iron is used to carry oxygen in the hemoglobin of red blood cells, which allows the cells to create energy. Iron deficiency can lead to fatigue, weakness, dizziness and headache.
- The most abundant mineral in your body. Calcium is very important in maintaining strong and healthy bones, muscles and nerves.
- Magnesium is a vital mineral in the development of bones, muscles, tissues and body organs. Magnesium also aids in maintaining a healthy blood pressure, immune system, nervous system and bone strength.
- Potassium plays an important role in nerve function, muscle contraction, maintaining a healthy heart rate and offsetting the harmful effects of sodium on blood pressure.
How to use Coconut Powder?
If you are lactose intolerant or vegan, then Coconut powder serves as an excellent dairy substitute that you can use for many creamy or dairy based dishes. Coconut Powder can be used to make coconut milk by just adding hot water to the powder and stirring. Coconut Powder is commonly used in Indian cooking because it does a very good job of binding all of the spices and flavors together, which is why it is used in so many curries and chutneys. Coconut Powder is also commonly used as a garnish or dairy substitute for many desserts and drinks such as hot chocolate, yogurt, ice cream, smoothies and many more.
What makes ALCO spices unique?PREMIUM QUALITY AND TASTE
- We are very diligent in our efforts to procure the highest coconut powder in the world. The aroma and mouth watering flavor of our coconut powder will make you fall in love with experimenting and trying new flavors in the kitchen.
- We do not add any artificial flavors, so all of the coconut powder is 100% natural and ethically sourced directly from the Earth. We believe you should never have to use artificial flavors when the Earth provides so many great tasting natural flavors for us. There are also no added preservatives. We are committed to serving you food products that you can feel safe consuming. We believe that you should always know what you are eating, which is why we do not use any strange chemicals created in a lab to help extend the shelf life of our products.
- We are committed to strengthening our community, which is why all of our coconut powder is ethically sourced and purchased from farmers in India.