IS CHICKEN KORMA HEALTHY?Though Chicken Kurma remains one of the most popular Indian non-vegetarian dishes, unfortunately, because they are usually loaded with cream and sugar, it can also be perceived as an "unhealthy dish." Well, not anymore!
Ingredients in healthy Chicken Korma
To help all you chicken curry lovers out there who want to savor this delightful dish but are worried about the calorie content, here is our healthy version:
For the Kurma Paste
- 2 - Onion
- 4 tbsp - Oil
- 8 - Almonds
- 8 - Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp - Chironjee
- 1 tbsp - Khus Khus
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- 1 cup - Yogurt
For the Curry
- ½ kg - Chicken Pieces
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- 10 - Cardamom
- 7 - Cloves
- 2 tbsp - Garlic grated
- 1 tbsp - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Alcoeats Red Hot Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp - Alcoeats Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp - Alcoeats Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp - Alcoeats Chicken Masala
- 2 tbsp - Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp - Saffron
- ½ Cup - Water
Recipe for Chicken Kurma
We start with the Kurma Masala. For making the Korma Masala
- First, roast the nuts like almonds, cashews, Chironji (i.e., Calumpang nuts), and khus-khus (poppy seeds).
- Add the grated coconut to this mixture and dry roast it thoroughly.
- Grind this mixture.
- When you start smelling the aroma of this mixture, you can turn your stove off and let it cool.
- Now, in a pan, add four teaspoons of oil. Put the onions in, and Sauté them till they turn golden brown. Let this cool down in a bowl.
- After the onions have cooled completely, add them to the coconut & nut paste already prepared earlier.
- To make a rich, creamy, and smooth paste, blend everything. Pour yogurt into this mixture and mix it thoroughly. The Korma paste is ready.
- Now, in a separate pan, add some ghee. Stir-fry all the seasonings.
- Add grated ginger and garlic. Sauté this mixture thoroughly.
- Add Alcoeats Red Hot Chili Powder and Alcoeats Coriander Powder into the pan.
- Now, add the chicken pieces to the Korma paste. Adjust the gravy consistency by adding water as per requirement.
- Now, add Alcoeats Garam Masala and saffron to the above mix. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Allow the gravy to cook for a few minutes or till the chicken pieces are soft and tender.
- Add 1 tsp of Alcoeats Chicken Masala for a uniquely aromatic and delicious taste.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Thus, with the above method and ingredients, you can make a lip-smacking Chicken Korma recipe that you can blissfully enjoy alongside some long-grain basmati rice, and rest assured in the knowledge that it all amounts to just a 750-calorie meal!
Chicken Korma using Alcoeats Spices
Alcoeats has a wide variety of spices for all your gluten-free recipes. They have whole spices and ground spices that are pure and healthy — and tasty too! This combination of taste and health automatically gives each meal an edge. So, with Alcoeats Spices, you can cook the best Indian dishes without worry because their spices are vegan, and you can use them in vegetarian recipes.
Faqs On Chicken Korma Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.