How to Make the Perfect Shahi Paneer?
How to make the Perfect Shahi Paneer?
Shahi Paneer is a very delicious, spicy, and creamy gravy made of cottage cheese cubes and other ingredients. It is a royal Mughal cuisine that is served with naan paratha or Indian bread. The word Shahi means something royal, and because it was formed in the royal kitchens of Mughals. Hence, it was named “Shahi Paneer".
An interesting story behind the origin of Shahi Paneer –
Paneer recipes were greatly admired by the Mughal rulers. So, the royal chefs keep preparing paneer recipes. There is a story of how this creamy, delightful recipe was invented.
According to that, a chef who was working in the Mughal kitchen was preparing a popular recipe call Malai Kofta. While cutting the paneer into cubes, a big piece of paneer falls accidentally into different gravy. He became really scared and due to the fear of punishment he kept that gravy separately. At night, he came to taste the recipe in the kitchen and he was amazed by the awesome taste of this newly invented recipe.
Because the gravy was made from paneer in the royal kitchen, that’s why it got its name “Shahi Paneer”. It is a very popular North Indian cuisine. But nowadays, you can see this name on the menu card of all restaurants. This royal recipe became world popular. It can be cooked at home on a special occasion such as Eid or Diwali. Whenever I plan to call my friends for a weekend dinner, I like to prepare this exotic curry.
Let’s start preparing this wonderful recipe. If you are a working person or beginner in cooking but you want to get the same classic taste of this flavorful curry you can try the Royal Paneer - Indian Simmer Sauce Mix which is a pack of fresh and healthy spices from Alcoeats. This jar can shorten your cooking time and provide you a pleasurable recipe.
I always prefer cooking Shahi Paneer with Alcoeats Royal Paneer. Because it’s easy to cook and I love the results also.
Cook time – 30 mins
Servings – 4
Dish type – side dish
- 200 gm of Paneer cubes.
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp pepper powder.
- 1\3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 3 cups water
- Cut the paneer in slices or cubes. If your paneer is frozen then soak it in water for 15 minutes. Then cut it.
- Season the paneer with salt and pepper and rub it well.
- Now take the Alco Royal Paneer Jar and mix the entire jar spices into a bowl full of water.
- Turn on the flame and put a pan over it.
- Melt 1/3 tbsp butter in the pan.
- Add the spicy gravy to the pan and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the gravy starts realizing the oil, add the seasoned paneer cubes into the pan.
- Now stir the gravy for 10 minutes until it turns thick.
- Drizzle the whipped cream and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot in a bowl with a combination of naan or jeera rice.
Tips to make a Restaurant-Style Shahi Paneer at Home
- You can use a pinch of saffron which will provide it a lovely aroma and nice color.
- If you want to get a sweet and sour flavor, add freshly made yogurt.
- Use good quality paneer.
- You can add a pinch of turmeric to provide the paneer a golden color.
If you are satisfied with this recipe result do try Alcoeats Paneer Easy Indie Bowls a pack of three containers of three different paneer recipes. In this busy life, cooking is a very difficult process. Thanks to the Alcoeats spices which made cooking so easy. I have mentioned the links to get your hands on super delicious paneer spicy bowls. Hurry up Now.