Indian Cashew Chicken Korma
Indian Cashew Chicken Korma
If you love Indian food then the cashew nut-based Indian Chicken Korma is surely going to win your heart. It is a succulent chicken curry cooked in creamy gravy. This flavorful spicy gravy is fiery hot. You can get this popular recipe in every Indian restaurant menu as well as it is a very popular food item in Indian marriages and events.
What is Chicken Korma?
Chicken Korma is a Mughal recipe that is made with boneless chicken thighs. The Korma has a sweet and spicy flavor. It is a mild curry made by marinating the chicken in yogurt and spices, frying the chicken pieces, and then simmering those chicken pieces in rich creamy gravy made of cashew nuts, and poppy seeds.
Introduction of Korma to Indian cuisine:
When the Mughal rulers traveled to India, they brought many spices and new cooking techniques with them. Not only Indian culture but Indian cooking was influenced by the Islamic style of cooking in the Mughal reigns. They introduced a yogurt and cream-based dish called Korma. But According to some legends, it was made by a Hindu chef in Mughal Kitchen.
Slowly, the time passed away and the recipe evolved into a form called Navratan Korma. It contains nine different vegetables which represented nine gems of Akbar's court. The South India Korma recipe became famous by the name of Kurma.
Because unlike northern-Indian cashew-based curry the South Indian Kurma was cooked in coconut-based curry and different Indian spices.
People say that it was served during the inauguration of the Taj Mahal. Just imagine the royal ness of this age-old Mughal recipe.
What goes well with chicken Korma?
Chicken Korma is a spicy and creamy sauce that is mostly served with naan or basmati rice. You can serve this with plain roti also if you want to skip a heavy dish like naan. Also serve green salad made of onion rings, cucumber rings, tomato slices, and lemon wedges. It will increase the taste of the recipe.
Can you make instant Cashew Chicken Korma?
Yes, of course, it's possible. Now you can cut down the long list of ingredients needed to cook this recipe by buying a spicy container of Creamy Chicken –Indian Simmer Sauce Mix from Alcoeats.
It contains all the spices that you need to cook this recipe. Moreover, the spices are of the best quality and provide your curry a restaurant-like taste.
Let's prepare the Indian cashew Chicken Korma:
- 400 gm chicken thighs/breasts.
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3-4 green chili
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ cup cashew nut and poppy seeds paste
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp whisked cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing.
How to cook:
- Take a bowl and add the chicken pieces into it.
- Add salt, ginger-garlic paste, and yogurt into it.
- Mix well to coat all the chicken and refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes. But if you had enough time freeze it for at least 30 minutes.
- Tine chop the onion and make a smooth paste of it by adding fennel seeds and chilies.
- Take a large pan; melt two tbsp butter in it.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala powder, once it starts leaving a beautiful aroma, then add the onion paste.
- Sauté it on a low flame, add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Once it starts realizing excess butter, and then add the cashew-poppy paste.
- Mix nicely and add water.
- Drop the chicken pieces and simmer the gravy on medium flame.
- The gravy will become thick in 5-10 minutes. Then drizzle the whisked cream upon it.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with naan or rice.
You can cut down this long process by cooking Chicken Korma with Creamy Chicken-Indian Simmer Sauce Mix. You can also try the Chicken Easy Indie Bowls to cook different Indian recipes with fresh and healthy spices.