WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF PANEER?
A significant percentage of the Indian population is vegetarian. Indians consume half of the milk produced in its original state. The remaining is used to make various milk products. These are ghee, butter, Paneer, cheese, ice cream, and milk powder. Paneer is made by curdling milk with lemon or vinegar. As a dairy product, it contains a lot of milk fats, proteins, and lactose. According to Research, paneer protein content supplies the body's amino acids. The protein promotes muscle health and healthy body functioning. It gives you rapid energy, boosts your immunity, and boosts your metabolism.
Paneer's nutritional value is high in protein and calcium. It meets 31% of the daily calcium requirement and 2% of the daily potassium requirement. Calcium helps to build bones and teeth. It is an excellent source of nutrition for growing children, adults, infants, and pregnant women. Potassium in Paneer aids memory, and selenium helps in the treatment of infertility. It also contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They help function the heart, brain, and body joints. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the paneer calories in 100 gm is 321 Kcal.
How To Make Paneer At Home?
Paneer, often known as cottage cheese. It is a popular ingredient in many Indian dishes. It stimulates the taste buds and provides much nutrition to the body. Salads, soups, appetizers, curries, and even desserts include Paneer. Do you know how to prepare Fresh Paneer at home?
What Is The Nutritional Value Of Paneer?
Paneer comprises high-quality protein that provides essential amino acids. A Premium source of vitamins and minerals, it is easy to make at home. It is a base for many delicious and healthy recipes.
Ingredients To Make Paneer
- 8 cups whole milk
- Six tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar
Instructions To Make Paneer
- Boil 8 cups of whole milk over medium heat in a large pot.
- Prepare the lemon juice while the milk is heating up. If you're using vinegar, we recommend diluting it with 1/4 cup water first so it doesn't overpower the milk.
- Pour in the mixture of lemon juice (or vinegar) once the milk has boiled. Allow the contents of the pot to cool for 5 to 10 minutes more. Give everything a good swirl, and the milk should curdle right away.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and place the lined colander into the sink.
- Using a cheesecloth, strain the milk curds. Rinse the curds under cold water to remove any remaining lemon juice or vinegar.
- Gather the corners of the cloth and twist them together to form a ball of soft cheese. Squeeze the extra water out.
- Wrap the cheese in plastic wrap and place it on a dish, weighing it down with a small stack of plates. For 1 to 2 hours, press the cheese. You can also keep it in the refrigerator.
- When the Paneer has chilled, it is ready to cook! You can store the cheese in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze the cheese for several months.
Paneer Health Benefits
Disclaimer: This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture(USDA), Paneer has below nutritional facts in 100g are
- Calories: 321Kcal
- Total Fat: 25gm
- Total Carbohydrate: 3.57gm
- Total Protein: 21.43gm
- Calcium: 714mg
- Magnesium: 8mg
- Sodium: 18mg
- Vitamin A: 714 IU
- Fatty Acids: 16.07gm
- Cholesterol: 89 mg
Paneer May Promote Weight Loss
Paneer is good for weight loss. Paneer nutrition includes fatty acids in short chains, which may help our body store less fat. It also has good fats, low carbs, and high protein content. Paneer may be excellent for weight loss since these chains are easily digested.
Paneer May Aid Your Skin
It contains antioxidants, vitamin E, and selenium. They fight free radicals in the body. It may offer the skin a healthy glow. Paneer may also strengthen and luster hair.
Paneer May Aid in Diabetes
Paneer includes magnesium, which helps regulate blood sugar. It also avoids blood sugar variations by limiting the sugar released into circulation. It is also low in carbohydrates, making it an excellent choice for people with diabetes.
Paneer May Strengthen your bones
Paneer's calcium and vitamin D content can make bones and teeth stronger and healthier. It may also aid in the growth of bone mass. Calcium may also help the heart, muscles, and nerves work properly.
Paneer May Aid in Digestion
Our digestive tract breaks down our food to provide energy to our bodies. Paneer has a lot of magnesium and phosphorus. They are required for the digestive system to function rightly. They improve digestion by softening feces and allowing it to flow more easily.
Summing Up On Nutritional Value of Paneer
Alcoeats can bring the flavor of India to your kitchen no matter where you are. As beneficial as eating Paneer is, it is versatile and can be turned into various delectable recipes. Alcoeats strives to assist you in cooking something healthy. and delicious for you and your loved ones. Alcoeats has created Easy Indie Bowl for those new to the culinary world. It offers a variety of gravies ranging from Paneer butter masala to Royal Paneer, from Paneer chili to palak paneer, and Palak tikka masala to others, making cooking easier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions