Vegan Masala Curry Mac and Cheese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Curry Powder||2 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper, more or less to taste||1/2 tsp|
|Pasta, such as fusilli, gluten free optional||16oz|
|Yellow onion, diced||1|
|Cloves garlic, minced||4|
|Tapioca starch||2 tbsp.|
|Tomatoes, diced or whole||15oz can|
|Coconut milk (full fat)||15oz can|
|Cauliflower, cut into florets||1/2 medium head|
|Vegan cheddar shreds or slices||8oz|
|Frozen green peas||1 cup|
|Cilantro for garnish||(optional)|
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, until it is 1-2 minutes away from being done. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ALCO Curry Powder, cayenne, salt, and tapioca starch and stir to coat the onion. Let cook about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Breaking apart the tomatoes if whole with the spatula. Add the cauliflower and vegan cheddar. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium low. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Blend the sauce with an immersion blender or upright blender (for a smoother sauce), be careful as the sauce is very hot. Return to the pot and add the green peas.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and turn the heat on low. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the pasta is perfectly cooked and the sauce has thickened around the noodles. Enjoy hot, garnish with cilantro if desired.