Spicy Broccoli Cheddar Pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at
|Fresh Broccoli||2 cups (chopped)|
|Onion||⅓ cup chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2-3 (finely minced)|
|ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder||1 tbsp|
|Garlic cloves, peeled||2-3|
|Cheddar Cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Flour||½ cup all-purpose|
|Baking Powder||¾ tsp|
|ALCO Cracked White Pepper||1 tbs|
|ALCO Chat Masala||for sprinkles|
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, add 2 inches of salted water and the broccoli pieces to a large deep skillet and bring it to a boil. Let them cook for about 5 minutes, drain, and add the broccoli to the pie plate.
- Return the empty skillet to the stove and melt the 2 tsp of butter. Add the chopped onion and cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more. You can also add veggies to the pie plate and put the cheddar cheese on top.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Cut in the 1 TBS cold butter. Add the eggs, whisking them in after each one, and then add the milk and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until pie is golden and the center is fully set. If the pie starts to get too brown during the baking process, cover with foil.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and sprinkling chaat masala before slicing.