Sweet Potato Chai Masala Oat Bar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Cinnamon Powder||2 tsp|
|ALCO Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger powder||1/4 tsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Pink salt||3/4 tsp|
|Rolled oats||2 cups|
|Toasted walnuts (chopped)||2/3 cup|
|Plant-based milk of choice (such as walnut oat milk)||1 1/4 cup|
|Sweet potato (mashed)||1/4 cup|
|Walnut oat pulp (from walnut oat)||1/2 cup|
|Maple syrup||1/3 cup|
|Flax eggs (1 tbsp. ground flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp. water and rest 10 min per egg)||2|
|Vegan butter (melted)||1 1/2 tbsp.|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|Apples (chopped and divided)||2 medium|
|Coconut sugar||2 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In medium/large bowl combine oats, toasted walnuts, and all spices, and stir to combine.
- In small bowl, mix plant-milk, mashed sweet potato, pulp, maple syrup, flax eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Add sweet potato mixture to oat mixture and stir well.
- Add half of the apples, mixing to combine.
- Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly Evenly scatter remaining apples on top, sprinkling with a couple tsp coconut sugar Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool at room temp, then top with coconut whip. Keeps in fridge, covered, for 3-4 days.
- Recipe By Haile