JALAPEÑO CASHEW CHEESE SPREAD (VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE)
Vegan can mean going without cheese but not necessarily when you can enjoy the goodness of Jalapeno Cashew cheese spread. Are you ready for a lip-smacking recipe like Jalapeno Cashew cheese spread?
- Type - Appetizer
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time -1 min
- Cooking Time - 5 mins
Ingredients used in Jalapeno Cashew Cheese Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup - Raw cashews
- 3 tbsp - Pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tbsp - White Miso paste (a paste made from fermented soybeans)
- 1tsp - Tamari (kind of soy sauce)
- 2 tsp - Lemon juice
What is the recipe for Jalapeno Cashew Cream Cheese spread
- First, soak the cashews in water for approx 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water from the cashews and keep it aside.
- Take a blender and add jalapeno slices, Miso paste, drained raw cashews, lemon juice, and tamari.
- Churn the mixture into a fine paste. You may have to interrupt in between to check the consistency and scrape down the paste to the sides of the blender.
- Remove the fine paste from the blender and serve it on a serving dish. Your scrumptious vegan cheese spread is ready to be served.
Keys to Perfect Blending
- Add lemon juice to the bottom of the blending jar to get a fine paste. It will help the cashews and jalapenos to churn well. Ingredients like tamari, jalapeno brine, and Miso paste should go next in the blender jar.
- The technique of blending is simple. First, take it at low and then slowly get higher to get smooth consistency of the spread. Do not raise the switch at the highest speed immediately.
- If the mix is too tight, you can add olive oil to smoothen it. You may also opt for water.
Health Benefits of Jalapeno Cashew Cheese Spread
There are no two opinions about how healthy this spread is. The oil-free spread is suitable for all aged people. Let us have a look at how Jalapeno cashew cheese spread is beneficial to you.
- The spread is full of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and minerals. It is low in calories, and you can have it in sufficient quantities.
- The spread is beneficial for boosting metabolism. Jalapenos promote weight loss; it increases fat burn and aid in reducing appetite.
- Jalapenos are rich in capsaicin. It benefits the human body in many ways. It protects the abdomen from developing ulcers. It prevents any pain from aggravating.
- Cashew nuts prevent cardiovascular infections. It has unsaturated fats, antioxidants, and potassium. The delicious nuts contain phytosterols, oleic acid, and phenolic compounds for the heart's well-being.
- Cashews assist in lowering LDL and work on HDL.
- 3 - 4 cashew nuts are recommended daily for those with type 2 diabetes. It helps in controlling diabetes.
Summing Up Jalapeno Cashew Cheese Recipe
Your kid's tiffin is sorted. Once the Jalapeno cashew cheese spread is ready, you can do many things with it. Spread it on a paratha, tortilla, or bread, or use it as a dip for pakoras. Vegans can enjoy the spread by making quesadillas, enchiladas, Frankie, dips for fritter, salad dressings, and other recipes that are a sheer delight to eat. It is a guilt-free recipe, for it is vegan and gluten-free.
The market is buzzing with several brands of spread. It becomes tough to choose the best out of the rest. Homemade Jalapeno Cashew cheese recipe spread is the safest to use. You can make and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
FAQs on Jalapeño Cashew Cheese Spread (Vegan & Gluten-Free) Recipe
What kind of peppers should I use?
You can use pickled jalapenos that have a slightly sour taste to them. Vinegar-dipped jalapenos also give out the heat quotient required in this spread. You can choose your peppers, like banana peppers, pepperoncini, or red bell peppers. You can opt for fresh ones too. You may have to remove the seeds from it (it can be taxing to do so).
Where to find raw cashews?
Ans. You can get raw cashews from the local market or an online store that believes in sourcing from local farmers. You will get organic cashews free from pesticides or insecticides. You can also opt for broken cashews. It is easy to soak and easier to blend.
What is another option if I do not have cashew nuts?
You can use avocado instead. Follow the same procedure to make the spread. You can scrape the avocado (2 to 3, depending upon the amount of dip you want).
After I blend the mix, it is watery and runny. What can be done?
Do not worry; as the mix settles, it will thicken. The cashew nuts will help to do so. If it doesn't, then just add more cashews to it.
Can the spread be made without the use of a blender?
If you do not have a mixer or a blender, soak the cashews for a longer duration, like 6-10 hours. You may then boil it and crush it in a mortar and pestle. You may then add the other ingredients and follow the same procedure.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.