DALGONA COFFEEDalgona coffee is a trendsetter beverage made by mixing equal parts instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk or any plant milk option. Read here to learn more about it.
Homemade Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Prep - 10-15 mins
- Cook - 0 mins
- Total - 15 mins
- Servings - 2 servings
- Yield - 2 drinks
Dalgona Coffee Ingredients
- 2 tbsps - Snickerdoodle instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsps - Sugar
- 2 tbsps - Hot water
- 2 glasses - Of milk
- Ice cubes just as much as you desire.
Dalgona Coffee Recipe Step-by-Step
- Make your coffee mixture first.
- Grab a large bowl and start mixing your coffee. Add 2 tbsps of boiling water, 2 tbsps of sugar, and 2 tbsps of instant coffee powder. You can go for Snickerdoodle Coffee which has sweet and sugary notes with low acidity and forms excellent froth.
- Coffee can be whipped by hand, with a blender, or with a whisk.
- Whisk the coffee and sugar together for about 5 to 7 minutes or until firm peaks form. Although using an electric whisk or blender is more convenient, you may still whisk the mixture by hand. Mix well until your coffee has a velvety, smooth texture. Getting the Dalgona coffee ready.
- Add a scoop of Dalgona coffee cream on top of the milk. Spread it evenly to coat the entire glass. Serve chilled.
Pro-Tips for Dalgona Coffee
Regardless of trends, coffee drinkers constantly seek new and creative ways to enjoy their beverages. Different preparation styles and flavors are just a few of the things that pique their interest. Here are some suggestions for preparing the renowned Dalgona coffee in this homage.
- Don't cut down on the sugar if you want your coffee foam to have a perfectly creamy and foamy texture or consistency, as the sugar gives it the ideal creamy and frothy texture; you may add extra if you like.
- Add hot water to the coffee while you are whipping it. Avoid adding more water than is necessary. Remember that your Dalgona coffee won't have the desired creamy consistency if the water isn't boiling.
- You must granulate your sugar. Anything else, including simple syrups or powdered sugar, won't produce foam and will make your Dalgona recipe futile.
- You could prefer the flavor of a fresh filtered coffee mixture for the coffee that will be used, but only instant coffee should be used.
Health Benefits of Dalgona Coffee
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- Weight loss assistance - If you leave out the sugar in the recipe, Dalgona coffee can help you lose weight. Use honey instead. This will give it a more robust, healthier flavor and help you avoid the "energy slump" you may experience if you take it with sugar. Without the sugar, you'll be more alert, energized, and active the rest of the day or at least the peak of sugar high.
- Vegan & Keto Friendly- Dalgona coffee is both vegan and keto-friendly. Substitute coconut, almond, or oat milk for ordinary milk. For a healthier option, you can also use honey, stevia, and coconut sugar, which has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar, or you can use less sugar.
- Ease Stomach Acidity -With its use of milk, Dalgona coffee can help with stomach issues. Milk has been shown to balance coffee's acidity and high pH levels. In addition, the calcium and protein content of milk in coffee can help prevent bowel cancer and lower the risk of heartburn.
- Slightly less caffeine- Studies have shown that drinking too much caffeine can increase your risk of anxiety, upset stomach, restlessness, tremors, fast heartbeat, and sleep disruption. Instant coffee has a slightly lower caffeine level than regular coffee.
- Instant energy boost- Dalgona coffee, like standard coffee, can enhance your energy levels and make you feel more alert and less exhausted. In reality, instant coffee contains several antioxidants and nutrients that may improve your health in various ways, including a decreased risk of type 2 diabetes and liver disease.
Faqs On Dalgona Coffee Recipe
Can you store the whipped coffee foam?
You may keep the whipped coffee foam for a few days in the fridge. If you see that it has somewhat deflated, you may quickly restore it by whisking if required.
Can I use a sugar substitute, less sugar, or none?
Yes, you can use sugar alternatives; by reducing the volume. The possibilities are available, but because granulated sugar works by forming a thick sugar syrup, you should expect the best outcomes. Completely cutting off the sugar will not bring about the desired results.
Why does instant coffee powder make the recipe work best?
The concentration of the coffee and other inherent qualities that are a product of the freeze-drying process make Dalgona coffee work best with instant coffee. Regular coffee or espresso won't produce the same dense foam characteristic of Dalgona coffee. Snickerdoodle is a perfect choice to make your Dalgona coffee; it has thick foam with sweet and savory flavor notes with a breath-taking aroma, making your coffee.
How should I store my whipped coffee cream?
Whipped coffee cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week in a closed container. It should be used within two to three days, but you can whip it again if required.
Can I make Keto Whipped Coffee?
Good news for Keto dieters! You can make keto Dalgona coffee. Use heavy cream that has been diluted with water in place of milk. For the milk component, combine one and a half teaspoons of water. Add your preferred granulated sweetener or stevia.
This delicious trend-setting creation might be used on a variety of items. It is so fluffy that you can put it on anything! Please make a small batch of brownies and top it off with Dalgona coffee. The same goes for ice cream and baked items like cakes, bread, biscuits, etc. You set the trend.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.