EASY CASHEW TOFFEE - MICROWAVE METHOD
How about having some Cashew Toffee as Dessert tonight? Let us take you for a quick recipe of easy cashew toffee in the microwave. Do read carefully, as every piece of information is essential.
Ingredients for Cashew Toffee
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews (not roasted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Five tablespoons or 50 ml water
- 4-5 ground Cardamoms
You can find all the ingredients at a local store or buy them online. They are affordable and of high quality.
How to Toast the Cashews?
Toasting Cashews is a unique hack to make this recipe more interesting. Toasting brings out the delicious nutty flavor of cashews. Toast the cashews in a large skillet over medium heat. Toast these cashews until fragrant and lightly browned for 4-5 minutes. Stir them regularly and ensure that they do not burn. Remove the cashews from the skillet and divide them into two bowls. Finely chop half of the toasted cashews. Sprinkle the other half of the cashews on top for some crunch! It will serve as the crust of the base of the toffee.
How to prepare the Caramel for Cashew Toffee?
Take a medium pot and put it over medium heat or in a microwave at 290˚F. Add sugar, butter, and water. Bring this mixture to a simmer while stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue to stir occasionally until this candy mixture reaches the soft crack phase. It will take 10-12 minutes to cook. Take your time and don’t overcook or cook it too quickly. You can use a digital thermometer to ensure proper temperature.
How to garnish the Cashew Toffee?
Spread the chopped Cashews on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also add mini chocolate chips. It will make an excellent base for the toffee. Pour the caramel by spreading it out. Top with whole cashews and extra chocolate chips for some extra crunch. Let this cool in the fridge, and break it into chunks!
Method of preparation for Unsalted cashew Toffee in a Microwave
This procedure will require a microwave in one-minute increments at full power. Do not cook for more than one minute before removing and stirring every time. The mixture will get cooked very quickly.
- Grind the cashew nuts in a grinder. Do not add water.
- Heat microwave (with oven capability - most of the microwave already has it); to 350°F and line 1-inch pan with foil. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes, occasionally stirring, until light brown.
- Add water and sugar in another microwave-safe dish or a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Cook granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and water over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring with a spoon until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, frequently stirring, until the candy thermometer reaches 300°F or a once small amount of mixture that is dropped into a cup of ice water forms a hard-brittle strand.
- Put the dish in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Remove and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the ground cashews, stir and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Please put it back into the microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir.
- Keep heating and stirring. Taking out and mixing well.
- At this stage, stir and add the cardamom and stir to mix. Please put it back for a few minutes. Remove and stir. After a total of 2 minutes, it should start bubbling.
- After another minute of cooking, it will leave the sides when you stir the mixture. You can remove it if it can hold its shape when pushed to the middle.
- Place the mixture on greased parchment paper. Stir in the 1/2 cup of the cashews and immediately pour toffee into a foil-lined pan. Quickly spread the mixture to 1/4-inch thickness with a spatula. Sprinkle with baking chips and let them stand for about 1 minute until they are completely softened. Spread softened chips evenly over the toffee base. Sprinkle with remaining Cashews.
- Cover it with another greased parchment paper and use a rolling pin to smoothen the hot mixture.
- Refrigerate the cashew toffee for 30 minutes until the topping is firm. Break into pieces. Store in a tightly covered container. Allow cooling completely. Once the toffee hardens, it will be easier to handle. Garnish it with nuts or chocolate chips.
The nutrition value per piece is 40.5 Calories; 2.4 g Fat; 4.1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein
Keep the toffee at room temperature for the initial few days; you can also keep it in the fridge if you want to store it for a long time and for the toffee to stay nice and crunchy.
FAQs on Cashew Toffee Recipe
What makes toffee chewy?
Toffee gets chewy when there is too much wetness in it. Undercooking toffee can make it moist and chewy, while recipes containing much dairy also make chewy toffee.
Is Cashew Toffee good for health?
The bad: This food is high in Saturated Fat, and a large part of the calories in this food come from sugars. Cashew Toffee also has Trans Fat.
Should toffee be kept in the fridge?
For ultimate taste and texture, we advise you to enjoy your cashew toffee instantly or store it in a refrigerator or freezer.
Should toffee be set in the fridge?
Place the toffee in the refrigerator until set, approximately 1 hour. Lift toughened toffee out of the baking dish with the parchment paper. Break into portions and store in an airtight container.
Is toffee junk food?
Intense Dark Toffee Interlude (55% cacao) also fits into category E. A whole bar (3.5 oz.) contains:
- 50% of one's daily allowance for fat.
- Almost 100% of saturated fat.
- Over 12 teaspoons of sugar.
Hence, yes, sadly, it comes under the category of Junk Food.
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.