Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon Stick||2 inches|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)||1/2 tsp|
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|ALCO Fish Curry Masala||1 tbsp|
|Tamarind paste||2 tsp|
|Garlic & ginger paste||3 tsp|
|Coconut milk||3 x 400 ml|
|Coconut oil||4 tbsp.|
|Monkfish tails (skinned and boned)||1kg|
- Firstly, peel and roughly chop the onions. Then soak the fenugreek leaves in a tbsp of hot water. Now in a large saucepan, bring the cooking oil to heat on high.
- When it sizzles around a hot spoon, then add & toss in the cinnamon stick, chopped onions, and ginger- garlic paste and sauté for 10 mins until the onions are soft and golden.
- Now next, add the curry leaves, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Chili Powder, garam masala and fish curry masala sauté for another 5 mins.
- Then stir in the tamarind paste, coconut milk, and Kasoori Methi and cook for 10 mins on medium to low heat.
- Now cut the monkfish into a bite-sized cube. When the time is up on the curry, drop the pieces in, and cover and simmer for a couple of mins, until the fish turns opaque white and oil floats to the surface of the curry. Serve Fish Curry with steaming hot basmati rice.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Tired of eating bland chicken? Try our Easy Indie Bowl to create a mouth-watering simmer sauce in a few simple steps.
Vegetable Biryani is delicious and loaded with veggies, warm spices, cashews. this biryani is a delight to the taste buds in every bite!