Baked Sweet Potato with Spinach Chana Masala
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|ALCO Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder||As needed|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Sweet potatoes||4 medium|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1|
|Garlic cloves (crushed)||5|
|Vegetable stock||1 3/4 cup|
|Grated creamed coconut||3.5 oz.|
|Coriander||small bunch fresh|
|Olive oil||As needed|
|Salt & pepper||As needed|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking tray. Pierce all over with a fork. Drizzle some olive on top. Cook for 30-50mins until soft. Cooking size will depend on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, followed by ALCO Garam Masala, ALCO Cumin Powder, ALCO Coriander Powder, ALCO Turmeric Powder, ALCO Red Chili Powder and grated ginger. Cook under moderate until onion is soft.
- Add can of chopped tomatoes and quartered fresh tomatoes, vegetable stock, grated creamed coconut and spinach. Cook under medium heat, until spinach has wilted.
- Cook for another 10 mins to reduce some of the sauce. Add drained chickpeas. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Season with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Once cooked, split sweet potatoes in half.
- Serve topped with spinach chana masala and a generous handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves.