|September 26, 2022
Quinoa Masala Bowl (Gluten-Free)
Let's Make Quinoa Masala Bowl.
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
Quinoa Masala Bowl (Gluten-Free)This Quinoa Masala bowl is basically my ode to quinoa. It is delicious and everyone's go-to meal.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- ALCO Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- ALCO Chaat Masala- 2 tsp
- ALCO Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper- 1/8 tsp
- Freshly ground Black Pepper- As needed
- Salt- As needed
- Green peas- 1/3 cup
- Carrots (peeled and diced)- 2
- Cilantro- Handful
- Quinoa uncooked- 1 cup
- Low -Sodium Vegetable Broth- 1 1/2 cup
- Yellow onion diced- 1
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- Ginger (minced)- 1/2-inch knob
- Garlic (minced)- 3 cloves
- Firstly, heat pacific foods organic low-sodium vegetable Broth on the stove in a pot, once it boiling, add quinoa, and continue to stir until quinoa has absorbed all of the broth, and is fluffy and tender. Then fluff and set keep aside.
- Then in a medium pan, heat oil. Once shimmering, then add diced onions, ginger, and garlic. Now sauté until translucent and starting to brown around the edges. Then once it has started to brown, add the masala spices.
- Then sauté until the masala has cooked and the spices start to infuse and don’t smell very “raw.” Then add the carrots, peas, and any other veggies you choose to use.
- Then cover and cook until the carrots are tender. Now season with salt and pepper, and add the finished quinoa. I ended up adding about 3/4s of the quinoa, not all of it. Taste, season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.