PANEER TIKKA MASALA
Paneer Tikka Masala is one food item that all age groups love. Read here to learn its recipe and health benefits.
- Type - Main course
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time - 10 mins
- Cooking time - 15 mins
Ingredients used in Paneer Masala Tikka Recipe
- 250 gm to 300 gm - Paneer/ cottage cheese cubed
- 2 - Sliced medium onions
- 1 - Green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp - Ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tsp - Alcoeats Tikka Masala
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 - Bay leaf
- ½ cup - Yogurt
- 2 medium - Sized tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp - Oil (mustard oil preferably)
- 1 tbsp - Lemon juice
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp - Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Paneer Tikka Masala
Preparing the paneer Tikka
- Mix 1⁄4 cup of yogurt and a generous amount of ginger garlic paste in a deep bowl. Add 2 tbsp - Alcoeats Kashmiri Chili powder, 3 tsp - Alcoeats Tikka Masala, ½ tsp - Alcoeats Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp mustard oil, and lemon juice. Mix the spices and other ingredients till they are lump-free.
- Prepare the paneer cubes, sliced onions, and green bell peppers, and apply the marinade to the Paneer, onions, and green bell peppers.
- You can keep the Paneer in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After refrigerating for 15 minutes, take a griddle pan and pour 1 tbsp amount of mustard oil, and put in on medium flame.
- You can skew the paneer cubes, onions, and green peppers in a skewer; if you do not have one, you may place it on the pan and cook each side of the Paneer for 4-5 minutes. The Paneer must give a charcoal touch to its outer core.
- Keep the Paneer aside and start to make the gravy.
Preparing Paneer Tikka masala gravy
- Place a deep saucepan on the flame and add the leftover mustard oil/ ghee as you please.
- On heating, the oil, add a bay leaf to the pan and add chopped onions once the bay leaf sputters. Let the onions get brown.
- Put fresh ginger-garlic paste. Sauté on low flame till the raw smell of the paste vanishes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let them cook till it is tender.
- Keep the flame low and stir-fry all the ingredients together. Add other remaining spices like Alcoeats coriander powder, Alcoeats Tikka masala, Alcoeats Kashmiri red chili powder, and Alcoeats turmeric powder.
- Turn off the gas stove once the gravy is ready. Keep it aside to cool down. Add the cooked content to a fine paste.
Assembling Paneer Tikka and curry
- Heat the pan once again on a low flame. Pour the fine paste from the blender.
- Let it come to a boil. At this point, you can add warm water to the consistency you want.
- Add the roasted Paneer, onions, and green peppers to the curry.
- Simmer the gas and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves on top.
- Enjoy the dish hot with naan, roti, paratha or rice.
What is Tikka Masala made of?
The masala comprises of many spices in the correct ratio to deliver an authentic taste. The ingredients are as follows in no specific order-
- Chili Powder
- Dehydrated garlic
- Dehydrated onion
- Dried ginger
- Fenugreek leaves
- Ginger powder
- Green cardamom
- Mixed spices
- Musk melon
- Skimmed milk
- Tomato powder
- Turmeric powder
- Black Pepper
Health Benefits of Homemade Paneer Tikka Masala recipe
The world is a mindful and watchful place. Everyone checks on how much to eat, what to eat, when to eat, and the calorie intake! The health benefits of the Paneer Masala Tikka Recipe amongst many are as follows-
- Paneer is a protein source - It helps boost muscle growth, repair cartilages, and more.
- A high amount of calcium - Calcium helps to build muscles and provides strong bones and teeth. Nutritionists say that a combination of protein and calcium is good for lowering the extra fat in the body.
- Low in carbohydrates - For people with diabetes and heart ailments, Paneer is advisable as it is low in carbohydrates. The magnesium present in cottage cheese helps in controlling sugar levels.
- Prevents constipation - Paneer has an immense amount of phosphorus and magnesium. The intake of Paneer eases digestion and, in turn, prevents constipation.
- Paneer Tikka masala is healthy - The Tikka masala is a rich source of minerals, and vitamins, which is a must for the body. It is regarded as better than other curries as the Tikka masala has all the body's nutritional ingredients. Be it coriander seeds or fenugreek seeds; the healthy quotient is vast.
Summing Up with Homemade Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe
Homemade Tikka Masala Recipe has its fan base. Alcoeats Tikka masala is famous for its authentic flavors and quality and has no preservatives, additives, artificial colors, MSG, or GMOs. The ingredients are vital. If the masala is ready, you win. The quintessence of this recipe lies in keeping cottage cheese fresh and juicy. The masala brings the taste and texture of the gravy.
So, by now, if you’re not already at your table, polishing off paneer tikka masala, you must have known that this restaurant style Paneer Tikka Masala recipe is brimming with bright flavors from the spiced and creamy tomato onion curry gravy/sauce and delightfully marinated grilled cottage cheese. And the best part? This recipe also works equally well with paneer tikka butter masala, as well as paneer tikka masala dry.
While paneer tikka masala can be considered a labor of love, the time and effort are well worth it!
Faqs on Paneer Tikka Masala
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.