Indian Style Creamy Peas & Fenugreek Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Dried Kasoori Methi||3tbsp|
|Green Peas||1cup (blanched)|
|Ginger- Garlic||1 tbsp. (chopped)|
|Cardamom Powder||1 tsp.|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1 tsp.|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili powder||1 tsp.|
|ALCO Coriander powder||1 tbsp.|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1 tbsp.|
1. First, in a pan add water and add onions, ginger, garlic and cashew nuts. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat and cook for till onions and cashew nut soften.
2. Then separately soak the dried methi leaves in water and keep them aside.
3. Remove the pan from heat and strain the onions and cashews. Add the onions to a blender along with curd and blend into a puree.
4. Then heat a pan and add oil and butter. Add Cumin Seeds, cardamom Powder, cinnamon, peppercorn. Stir a bit, then add turmeric, kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Give a quick stir and add the onion paste.
5. Then add ½ lt of water and cook on high heat. Keep stirring till oil surfaces on top. This will take approx. 12-15 min.
6. Then In a pan melt butter and add the dried methi leaves. Make sure to squeeze out excess water from the soaked methi, and stir the methi for a minute and then add green peas. Sprinkle salt and let it cook for another 3-5 mins.
7. Now pour over the curry on to the peas and cook for another 5mins. Then Adjust with little water if the curry if too thick.
8. Then pour cream, stir and remove from heat and serve hot.