Masala Chana Chaat
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|ALCO Chaat Masala||1 tsp|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|ALCO Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Black salt||1/2 tsp|
|Tamarind chutney||2 - 3 tbsp.|
|Mint (chopped)||1 sprig|
|Cilantro (chopped)||2 to 3 sprig|
|Brown Chickpeas / Kala Chana (soaked overnight or 6 hours) OR Canned bean (rinsed and drained)||2 cups|
|Yellow potatoes (sliced in to half)||3 medium|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Tomato (finely chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Cucumber (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Green chili, chopped (optional)||1 medium|
- Soak over night Kala chana or minimum of 6 hours. You can also use canned bean, just rinse and drain before using.
- In the instant pot add soaked kala chana, 1.5 cups of water, 1 tsp salt and mix well and make sure all the kala chana have been submerged in water.
- Now place the trivet inside the instant pot.
- On top the trivet, place diced potatoes.
- Close the instant pot with lid and pressure cook high for 10 mins. Followed by a quick pressure release.
- Carefully open the lid and take out the trivet with potatoes.
- Peel off the skin from the potatoes.
- Drain out the water from chana (or use it to make rasam)
- In a bowl add boiled chickpeas, smash and add boiled potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, green chili, salt, ALCO Chaat Masala, ALCO Cumin Powder, ALCO Coriander Powder, ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder, mint leaves, tamarind chutney and coriander leaves. Give a good mix.
- Chana Chaat is ready to be served.
- Recipe By Chili In a Pot