Railway Mutton Curry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 - 35 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.
|Mutton / Lamb||500 grams|
|Coconut oil||4 tbsp.|
|Onion (chopped)||1 big|
|Green chili (slit)||5|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||few|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder (if using normal chili powder, use less)||2 tsp|
|ALCO Garam Masala||2 tbsp.|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves||2 tbsp.|
|ALCO Cinnamon sticks||2 big|
|ALCO Cardamom Powder||2 tsp|
|Dry chili (broken)||3|
|Fennel seeds||1 tsp|
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in tempering items given in the list "TO TEMPER" toss it for 1 mins.
- Add in chopped onions, toss along with the tempering items.
- When it became transparent add in all spices powder given in the list "SPICES POWDER" and salt.
- Mix well for 30 sec and add in chopped tomatoes and toss it evenly.
- When it turns a little mushy add in mutton pieces and curd, and toss well with the masala.
- Keep tossing till the masala coats the mutton pieces and the mutton gets a little dark brown in color.
- Keep it low flame for 7 mins and add in chopped ALCO Coriander leaves.
- Now add in very little water, say around a cup.
- Cover it and pressure cook for 4 whistles, simmer the pan for 15 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- When the mutton is done, open it and simmer for another 10 mins till it becomes thick.
- Serve it with rice or anything you like
- Recipe By