Spicy Potato Buns
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|All purpose flour||2 cups (260g)|
|Instant dry yeast||4 g|
|Butter||2 tbsp. (30 g)|
|Warm water||120 to 150 ml|
|Egg (lightly beaten)||1|
|Sesame seeds and crushed black pepper||As needed|
Heat a pan with oil over medium heat.
When the oil heats, add chopped cashews, fry until they turn into golden brown in color, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
In the same pan, add chopped onions, sauté until it turns translucent, also add peas, Sauté until they become little soft.
Then add mashed potatoes, mix well for 30 seconds.
Further add all the powders and salt, mix well and cook for 2 mins.
Then add the fried cashews, give a quick stir. Remove from the heat and let it cool for some time.
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup (120 ml) of warm water in the bowl of an electric stand mixer and let it set for 5 to 10 mins or until foamy.
- Then place the bowl in the stand mixer and insert the hook attachment.
- Further add flour, egg, and salt to the mixing bowl and knead for 2 mins then add butter, keep on kneading for 13 mins or until it becomes a smooth dough. If you need more water add little by little.
- Grease some oil over the flour mixture and cover the bowl with aluminum foil and keep it aside for 2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
How to Shape the dough into Buns
- Then place the dough on floured workspace and pat or press the dough into a circle.
- Then cut the circle into 8 triangle pieces as shown in the picture below.
- Place the triangle piece on the floured surface and then roll the dough by using floured rolling pin.
- Place one tablespoon of potato mixture in the middle of the wide portion and then slowly fold both corners and the other end and just seal it and next press it down and seals two corners and stretch it to your side and then roll it to the other end.
- Leave the prepared buns (30 mins) on the lined baking sheet until doubled in size.
- Brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds and crushed black pepper on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 mins or until browned.