Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tbsp.|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1 tbsp.|
|ALCO Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Chili flakes||1/2 tsp|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp Freshly ground|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Grapeseed oil||2 tbsp.|
|Red potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)||4 medium|
|Garlic cloves (finely chopped)||4|
|Fresh ginger (grated)||2 tbsp.|
|Red bell pepper (diced)||1|
|Diced tomatoes||28 oz.|
|Chickpeas (drained)||28 oz.|
|Spinach (rinsed and coarsely chopped)||1 bunch|
|Cilantro (rinsed and coarsely chopped)||1/2 bunch|
(can also use any store-bought or homemade chutney):
|Tamarind concentrate||4 tbsp.|
|Brown sugar||4 tbsp.|
|Chili flakes (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Small corn tortillas (warmed)||As needed|
|Fresh cilantro (leaves picked)||As needed|
|Plain yogurt||As needed|
|Chutney of your choice||As needed|
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then toss the potatoes in 1 tbsp. of grapeseed oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, and spread onto the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Then in a large pan, heat the oil. Then add the onion and sauté until translucent. then add the garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and spices and mix well.
- Then add the diced tomatoes and the chickpeas and stir. Then simmer for 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Then add the roasted potatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Now remove from heat and stir in the spinach, cilantro, and lemon juice. If you are making the tamarind sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Then bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Then simmer until thickened- roughly 30 minutes.
- Now to serve, heat tortillas and spoon chickpea filling into each. Top with chutney, yogurt, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Sweet Grilled Fruit Kebabs are grilled with a sweetness of fruits and honey and dipped in a delicious easy yogurt dip! You will go crazy for these grilled fruit skewers!
These creamy, cheesy stuffed jalapenos and bell pepper have some bite. They may be the most popular treats for your occasions.