Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|Green Cardamom||2-3 Pod|
|Homemade Paneer||1 1/2 cup|
|Condensed milk||1/2 cup|
|Sugar (optional)||2 - 4 tbsp.|
|Rose essence (optional)||1/8 tsp|
- Add ghee to a stockpot over medium flame. Add crushed ALCO Cardamom Pod once the ghee is slightly heated. Turn the heat to a low and lightly fry the cardamom for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and bring it to a simmer. Crush saffron and add to a bowl. Remove two tablespoons of hot milk from the pot and add it to the saffron. Set aside and allow the saffron to release fragrance and color.
- Add the saffron milk mix to the milk pot. Continue to cook the milk for about 15 – 20 minutes on low or until the milk has almost reduced by half. Gently stir to incorporate the cream (malai) that forms on the top back into the milk.
Repeat this as and when the cream forms. Remember to stir and scrape the bottom frequently so the milk doesn't scorch the bottom
Once the milk has been reduced by almost half, add grated paneer and condensed milk. Stir to combine and use a spatula to press the paneer against the walls of the pot to help it break down and melt.
- Cook this mix on low heat until the desired thickness has reached. It will take about 8 – 12 minutes for the paneer to slightly dissolve and the milk mix to thicken.
At this stage, taste and adjust sweetness. I did not add any sugar as I do not like my Rabdi too sweet, you can add or omit it according to your taste.
Turn off the flame, add rose essence, cover and let cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 2 – 3 hours or until cold. Serve chilled over some piping hot Jalebis, Malpua, or even Gajjar ka Halwa!
FOR MORE RECIPES: