CHICKEN GRAVY RECIPE
The Chicken Gravy is filled with vitamins and minerals making it one incredible cuisine. Let’s see how the Alcoeats can be your assistant in preparing a chicken gravy recipe with no hustle-bustle.
- Type - Lunch/Dinner
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time – 35 mins
- Cooking Time – 20 mins
Ingredients used in Chicken Gravy recipe
- 500 g - Chicken Pieces ( medium size with bone)
- 150 g / 2 Medium Sized - Tomato puree
- 3 tbsp- Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp- Garlic paste
- 3 tbsp - Butter
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 cup - Water
- 1 tbsp - Alco Chicken Masala
- 50 g - Alco Chicken Gravy
- Salt to taste
What is the recipe for Chicken Gravy?
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry them. Marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, Alco Chicken Masala, oil (1 tbsp), and salt to taste for at least 30 mins.
- In a bowl, empty the Alco chicken gravy, and make a runny gravy by adding water. Whisk it properly to avoid lumps. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and put the marinated chicken pieces in. Roast them till the pieces ooze out the fat. You will see the chicken color changing to brown; this is when you should take them out.
- In the same pan, with the left oil, add tomato purée, and cook until you see the oil simmering from the outer ring of the tomato puree.
- Pour the Alco Chicken Gravy paste and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. You will see a reddish-brown color gravy thickening.
- You can add fried Chicken at this point. Saute them till they mix in the curry. Keep the flame on medium to low. Close it with a lid so the flavors nap easily in chicken pieces.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and butter. Remember to serve hot.
Health benefits of Chicken Gravy
As much as Chicken Gravy tastes good, it has many health benefits as well. The following are the top five reasons why there is a huge demand for learning how to make chicken gravy.
- Chicken gravy is rich in an antioxidant mineral known as selenium. Selenium plays a vital role in keeping the heart healthy. When there is a sufficient intake of antioxidant minerals, your heart is at a lesser risk of heart strokes.
- Chicken gravy reduces bad cholesterol in the blood.
- The presence of zinc in the chicken gravy recipe prevents macular degeneration. On the other hand, it improves the immunity system as well.
- Chicken gravy recipes are often made in Indian households as it is a low-carb diet and regulates the blood sugar level.
- The mouth-watering chicken gravy recipe has potassium content. It enables keeping blood pressure under control.
Summing Up Chicken and Gravy recipe
Chicken Gravy, by far, is the most straightforward dish to prepare for any occasion. So even if you have guests at your place in the eleventh hour, you need not panic, for Chicken gravy cooks in mere 30 minutes with hardly any ingredients. The protein-rich Indian dish is a hot favorite amongst non-vegetarians. It is a sight to wonder how the gravy tastes and provides succulent chicken curry to dive into the Indian palate. The knack is to get hold of the right masala.
Alcoeats has a range of products in chicken masala to offer. The masala provides an authentic Indian taste, reminding you of your grandma’s cooking style. The version of this dish may vary from region to region. While in south India, people add curry leaves, in north India, it might be the ginger juliennes; the east may prefer a sweet tinge and add sugar and so forth with the west and central part of India. The core remains the same as spices. Help us know your version of chicken gravy.
FAQs on Chicken Gravy Recipe
Is it necessary to marinate chicken for 8-10 hours?
No, not exactly. You can also opt for a quick marinating process.
What are the ingredients of Alcoeats Creamy Chicken Sauce Mix?
Alcoeats Creamy Chicken Sauce Mix contains cashews, muskmelon seeds, cardamom, white pepper, dehydrated onion, tomato and garlic, skimmed milk, dried ginger, sugar, salt, and spice mix.
Can I reheat Chicken Curry?
Yes, it's entirely safe to reheat curry only if you have kept leftover chicken curry in the fridge or freezer. Defrost them before reheating them.
How do you reheat leftover chicken curry?
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the curry into an oven-safe dish, adding a little extra water or stock to thin the sauce. Cover the container with foil or a lid and heat for 15-20 minutes.
Can you reheat chicken curry more than once?
There are no limits to how often you can reheat leftover home-cooked meals.
This chicken curry is the perfect way to fix your curry without being in the kitchen all day!
Make it your own!"
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.