SMOKED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPEIf you’ve never smoked whole chicken before, you might be a little nervous to start with. Don’t be! It’s quite simple!
- Course- Main Course
- Prep Time- 1 day
- Cook Time- 5 hours
- Total Time- 1 day 5 hours
For the Brine Mix
- 1- Bottle of Beer
- 1- Yellow Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4- Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 Cup- Water
- 10 Pcs- Peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp- Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp- Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp- Mustard Seeds
For the Dry Rub
- 1 Tbsp- Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp- Red hot chili powder
- 1 Tbsp- Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp- Mustard Powder
- 1 Tsp- Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp- Tikka masala powder
- 1 Tsp- Dried Thyme
- ½ Tsp- Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Chicken (whole)
- 1 Bag of Charcoal
- 1-2 Bags Smoking Wood Chips (ideally, Applewood chips are best with this recipe)
- Mix the peppercorns, salt, syrup, water, peppercorns, and mustard seeds in a saucepan. Boil everything and continue till the salt dissolves completely.
- Cool the mix in the fridge.
- Keep your chicken in a large, resealable bag. Add the cooled brine, beer, garlic, and onion
- Seal the bag tightly by forcing as much air out as possible. Refrigerate for a minimum of eight hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the brine mixture and pat dry gently, from inside and out.
- Now, mix all the ingredients for the rub.
- Gently get the chicken skin loose and rub the spice mixture well both, under and on top of the skin, as well as the inside cavity.
- Tightly wrap the chicken with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unwrap the chicken and keep it in a prepared smoker.
- Smoke at 225-250°F till the meat thermometer reads 165˚F, at its thickest part (or the breast)
- Take the chicken out from the smoker, wrap a piece of foil over it, and keep it at rest for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
- That’s all! Go ahead and pair your delicious smoked chicken with amazing, mashed potatoes, dried fruits, salads, or pasta for a truly robust meal.
Serving Size: 1 (367g) | Calories: 276 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 544mg | Sodium: 1548.4 mg | Total Carbohydrate: 11g | Dietary Fiber: 1.2g | Sugars: 0.7g | Protein: 41.1g | Calcium: 51.3mg | Iron: 6.3mg | Vitamin C: 11.2mg
Faqs on SMOKED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.