CHICKEN MASALA RECIPE
Did you say you love Chicken Masala? Do you know its Health Benefits and how to make it at home? Read here to learn more about Chicken Masala.
- Type - Main course
- Cooking time - approx. 45 minutes
- Servings - 3
- Cuisine - Indian
Ingredients used in Chicken Masala Recipe
- 500 gms - With bone/boneless Chicken pieces
- 2 - Medium size sliced onions
- 2 - Green cardamoms
- 2 tbsp - Ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp - Alcoeats Turmeric powder
- 1 - Bay leaf
- 3 tsp - Alcoeats Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Red chili powder
- ½ cup - Yoghurt
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- Salt as required
- 1i nch - Ginger juliennes
- 1 tbsp - Chopped coriander leaves.
How to make Chicken Masala?
- Wash and cut the Chicken pieces into medium sizes.
- Place a deep saucepan over the flame with 2 tsp oil. Add whole spices, cardamom, and bay leaf when the oil gets heated.
- Once the whole spices get sautéed, you can add the chopped onions.
- Wait for the onions to caramelize.
- Add freshly ground ginger-garlic paste. Now with a spatula, keep tossing the pan until you find the cooked aroma of the ginger-garlic paste coming.
- Add the washed chicken pieces and sauté till it is brownish.
- Add whisked yogurt, spices, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder. Add Alcoeats Chicken Masala powder, keep the flame low and stir it.
- Now let it cook on low flame for about half an hour. Keep a close eye on it.
- Open the pan and add julienne ginger and warm water to the pan.
- Cook till the gravy thickens. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve the dish hot with naan, roti, or hot rice.
Health Benefits of Homemade Chicken Masala recipe
The health benefits of the Chicken Masala Recipe, amongst many, are as follows-
- Chicken is a protein source- It helps boost muscle growth, repair cartilage, and more.
- Turmeric aids digestion- It acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent. It adds flavor and plays a vital role in digestion.
- Low in carbohydrates- Chicken is soft in carbohydrates for people with diabetes and heart ailments.
- Chicken masala is healthy- Alco Chicken Masala’s ingredients comprise of Asafoetida, Bay leaf, Bengal Gram, Black Cardamom, Black Pepper, Chili Powder, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander Seeds, Cumin, Dried Ginger, Dried Mango, Fenugreek Leaves, Mace, Mixed Spices, Nutmeg, and Salt. These ingredients are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Summing Up on Chicken Masala Recipe
The treat indulgence gets over with the Murg Masala recipe here. If you are not in a great mood to cook, the Creamy Chicken Masala recipe is the best way to treat yourself. It is effortless cooking that makes you feel so good when you eat. As your rice gets ready, your homemade Chicken Masala recipe is simple and easy to cook.
Chicken Masala or Murg Masala is the basic recipe to cook at home at any given time. The trick is to know your ingredients well. Once the Masala is ready, the flavourful Chicken Masala curry is ready to serve. The beauty of Alcoeats Chicken Masala is that it is fresh and authentic. You can rely on the taste and flavor. Food lovers enjoy this dish with piping hot rice too. No complaints! Eat as you like it.
Faqs On Chicken Masala Recipe
Can cooked Chicken Masala be refrigerated?
Yes, you can refrigerate cooked Chicken Masala for not more than three days. Food experts say Chicken Masala tastes better the next day. Remember to keep the Chicken Masala in a sealed jar and untouched. Remove it only when you wish to consume it, and do not refrigerate it again.
Are Indian Chicken Masala and Chicken Tikka Masala recipes the same?
No, Indian Chicken Masala and Chicken Tikka Masala are two different dishes. The preparation and the taste are different too.
Chicken Masala is a wholesome meal that can go with rice, roti, naan, paratha, or buns. It is a one-pot dish. It is prepared in one pan and can be served in the very pan. The chicken Tikka Masala recipe is a dish to go with Indian bread. Chicken or Murg Masala does not need marinating, while Chicken Tikka Masala needs marinating. The former needs no overnight preparation, but the latter needs overnight preparation. It requires keeping the Chicken marinated overnight. It requires keeping the marinating materials ready.
Chicken or Murg Masala can be bone or boneless. The chicken Tikka Masala recipe is always boneless. Indian Chicken Masala can be dry, semi-dry, or gravy, but Chicken Tikka Masala is semi-gravy. Chicken Masala curry is spicy and tastes earthy. Chicken Tikka Masala requires roasted boneless chicken pieces in tomato and cream-based gravy with a sweet, sour, savory taste.
People also mistake Chicken Masala for Chicken Karahi. These two dishes are different too.
Can we substitute Chicken Masala for a vegetarian dish?
Yes, you can replace Chicken with soy chunks or tofu as well. You can clean the soy chunks and pour them into boiling water with salt. Let it simmer for 2 minutes and strain it. You may add the cooked soy chunks to hot oil and sauté it. Once the soya chunks are brown enough, follow the same procedure for the Chicken Masala recipe. You can add tofu, Indian cottage cheese, cauliflower, or vegetables to get the essence of Chicken Masala.
Is Chicken Masala Curry spicy?
The taste of the Chicken Masala recipe lies in being spicy. It is a hot spicy food item that goes on lunch, dinner, and party menus.
Does Alco Chicken Masala have dried Chicken or chicken stalks?
No, Alcoeats Chicken Masala does not have Chicken or chicken stalks. You can use it for vegetarian dishes and can be used for vegetarian masala curry too.
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.