EGG GRAVY RECIPEEgg masala is a dish originating from India and is prepared using a variety of spices. The masala is a savory dish consisting of soft tomatoes, onions, and spices. The dish is often served with rice or naan.
- Total Time - 40 minutes
- Prep Time - 15 minutes
- Cook Time - 25 minutes
- Course - Main Dish
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG GRAVY
- 4 to 8 - Boiled eggs (depending upon the number of eggs you would like to have)
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- ½ tsp - Cumin seeds for tempering
- 1 - Finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- Salt - To taste
- 1 tsp - Cumin powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander powder
- 1 - Green chili
- 2 - Medium sized chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp - Chili powder
- ½ cup - Water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
PREPARATION FOR EGG MASALA GRAVY
- In a bowl, place the boiled eggs. Peel them and put 3 slits with a knife. Add salt and turmeric to it and mix it well with the eggs. The slits will help the gravy flavor to go inside the egg.
- Place the eggs in a pan with oil and fry them.
- Remove the fried eggs from the pan. In the empty pan, temper the pan by adding cumin seeds, green chilies (depending upon the spice level), and finely chopped onion.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste. You may add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and turmeric powder and pour 1/8 cup of water, so the spices do not burn while on the flame.
- Let the rawness of the spices and ginger-garlic paste fade away. So keep stirring occasionally.
- Let the spices leave oil from the sides. That's when you know the gravy mix is done.
- Add water and boil the mixture.
- Put in the chopped tomatoes and add more water. Mix it well.
- Grind the ingredients to obtain the ideal blend of spicy gravy. (You can skip this option.) Let the gravy cool.
- Take the empty pan. Pour the blended gravy and incorporate the eggs into the gravy.
- Stir and sprinkle coriander leaves. Heat to a simmer. If you want to eat it with rice, then Egg gravy for rice is ready to be served. Pair it with roti; you can keep the curry quantity less by adding less water.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EGG MASALA GRAVY
- 1 egg of 50 gms typically contains-
- 6.5 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fat
- 0.5 gram of carbohydrate
- Eggs are known as one of the largest sources of protein. It is good to keep the body and the mind healthy. A high protein and low carbohydrate diet are known to be a perfect solution to losing weight.
- Eggs are rich in Vitamin A. It aids in benefitting eyesight and keeping the eyes healthy.
- About 9% of B12 content is there in the eggs. It is a much-needed nutrient required for the synthesis of red blood cells. It helps in maintaining the nervous cell system of the body.
- An egg has a high quotient of choline that aids the liver and brain health.
SUMMING UP EGG GRAVY RECIPE
Egg curry is a nourishing cuisine, especially for kids, because it contains nutrients like proteins, calcium, good fats, vitamins, and minerals essential for growth. It is the only food source containing Vitamin D naturally. It is a crucial element for calcium absorption and bone growth. For this reason, egg gravy is often consumed plus it’s also convenient to cook with. Further, It benefits the entire health of the family.
Gathering all the ingredients for the egg masala curry can be a task. Try Alcoeats egg masala which needs only water to make gravy and the boiled eggs. It tastes the same and has no preservatives to worry about.
What innovation did you drive into this curry? Please share your reasons for making egg gravy today. Stay tuned for more recipes.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.