EGG GRAVY RECIPEEgg masala is a dish originating from India and is prepared using a variety of spices. The masala is a savory dish consisting of soft tomatoes, onions, and spices. The dish is often served with rice or naan.
- Total Time - 40 minutes
- Prep Time - 15 minutes
- Cook Time - 25 minutes
- Course - Main Dish
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG GRAVY
- 4 to 8 - Boiled eggs (depending upon the number of eggs you would like to have)
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- ½ tsp - Cumin seeds for tempering
- 1 - Finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- Salt - To taste
- 1 tsp - Cumin powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander powder
- 1 - Green chili
- 2 - Medium sized chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp - Chili powder
- ½ cup - Water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
PREPARATION FOR EGG MASALA GRAVY
- In a bowl, place the boiled eggs. Peel them and put 3 slits with a knife. Add salt and turmeric to it and mix it well with the eggs. The slits will help the gravy flavor to go inside the egg.
- Place the eggs in a pan with oil and fry them.
- Remove the fried eggs from the pan. In the empty pan, temper the pan by adding cumin seeds, green chilies (depending upon the spice level), and finely chopped onion.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste. You may add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and turmeric powder and pour 1/8 cup of water, so the spices do not burn while on the flame.
- Let the rawness of the spices and ginger-garlic paste fade away. So keep stirring occasionally.
- Let the spices leave oil from the sides. That's when you know the gravy mix is done.
- Add water and boil the mixture.
- Put in the chopped tomatoes and add more water. Mix it well.
- Grind the ingredients to obtain the ideal blend of spicy gravy. (You can skip this option.) Let the gravy cool.
- Take the empty pan. Pour the blended gravy and incorporate the eggs into the gravy.
- Stir and sprinkle coriander leaves. Heat to a simmer. If you want to eat it with rice, then Egg gravy for rice is ready to be served. Pair it with roti; you can keep the curry quantity less by adding less water.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EGG MASALA GRAVY
- 1 egg of 50 gms typically contains-
- 6.5 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fat
- 0.5 gram of carbohydrate
- Eggs are known as one of the largest sources of protein. It is good to keep the body and the mind healthy. A high protein and low carbohydrate diet are known to be a perfect solution to losing weight.
- Eggs are rich in Vitamin A. It aids in benefitting eyesight and keeping the eyes healthy.
- About 9% of B12 content is there in the eggs. It is a much-needed nutrient required for the synthesis of red blood cells. It helps in maintaining the nervous cell system of the body.
- An egg has a high quotient of choline that aids the liver and brain health.
SUMMING UP EGG GRAVY RECIPE
Egg curry is a nourishing cuisine, especially for kids, because it contains nutrients like proteins, calcium, good fats, vitamins, and minerals essential for growth. It is the only food source containing Vitamin D naturally. It is a crucial element for calcium absorption and bone growth. For this reason, egg gravy is often consumed plus it’s also convenient to cook with. Further, It benefits the entire health of the family.
Gathering all the ingredients for the egg masala curry can be a task. Try Alcoeats egg masala which needs only water to make gravy and the boiled eggs. It tastes the same and has no preservatives to worry about.
What innovation did you drive into this curry? Please share your reasons for making egg gravy today. Stay tuned for more recipes.
Faqs On Egg Masala Gravy Recipe
Are eggs and rice safe to eat together?
Yes. You can have eggs and rice together. If you count on your carbohydrate intake, rice is rich in carbohydrates. While eggs are high in protein and healthy fats from the yolk. Further, eggs enable growth of bones and calcium absorption. One bowl of this meal contains roughly 256 calories.
Whenever I boil eggs, they break while peeling. What can be done?
While boiling, add salt to the water; this will prevent the eggs from cracking.
What kind of fruit goes well with eggs?
Avocados are a great fruit to go with eggs. You can try Plantains too. Plantains are starchy and less sweet than bananas. Therefore, they go well with eggs.
Can we add potatoes to the curry?
Yes, you can add potatoes to the curry. You may boil them or fry them till it is well cooked. You may dice them to half or ¼ cut, depending on size.
Is there another recipe for egg gravy?
If you don't have time, you can use Alcoeats' egg masala and scramble the eggs into it. You need not boil the eggs and peel them. You will get the feel of the curry and the eggs in one go. You can lap it with Indian flatbread, tortilla, or bun.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.