MINI-BEEF BRISKET SMOKED RECIPE
A perfect smoked brisket should have a rich, deep flavor that is both smoky and savory at the same time, along with a tender and juicy texture.
- Prep time - 10 minutes
- Cook time - 8 hours 20 minutes
- Additional time - 15 minutes
- Total time - 8 hours 45 minutes
How to make delicious smoked briskets
This is the Best Easy Smoked Brisket Recipe – crunchy, juicy, and delicious brisket bursting with that incredible smoky flavor – the perfect brisket recipe for beginners.
- 1-15 lb. brisket
For the Brisket Baste:
- 1 cup - Beer
- ¼ cup - Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup - Beef stock
- 5 tbsp - Melted butter
For the Brisket Rub:
- 2 tbsp - Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp - Onion powder
- 2 tbsp - Paprika
- 2 tbsp - Alcoeats chili powder
- 2 tbsp - Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp - Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp - Brown sugar
- When the briskets are ready to cook, start your Traeger grill on Smoke (Super Smoke for the Timberline grill) with the lid open until the fire is established (should be around 4-5 minutes).
- Set the temperature to 225˚F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili pepper, kosher salt, and pepper all together.
- Season brisket on all sides.
- Place your brisket on the grill grate, fat side down.
- Cook the brisket till it reaches an internal temperature of 160˚F (should be around 3-4 hours).
- While it is cooking combine the beer, apple cider vinegar, beef stock, and butter to make a brisket baste.
- When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 160˚F, remove it from the grill.
- Double wrap meat in aluminum foil and pour the brisket baste around the meat within the foil packet.
- Return brisket to the grill and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 204˚F (i.e., around 3-4 hours more).
- Once finished, remove from grill, unwrap from foil, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut against the grain and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 137 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 1263mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Net Carbohydrates: 0g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Sugar Alcohols: 0g | Protein: 7g
FAQS ON MINI-BEEF BRISKET SMOKED RECIPE
Yes, brisket is considered one of the best slow-cooking barbecue meats. When cooked properly, brisket has a delicious, unbeatable combination of flavor and tenderness.
It generally takes about 3-4 hours to cook a small brisket. You need to cook brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 160˚F.
Yes, untrimmed beef brisket is amongst the least expensive cuts of beef you can buy. When cooked low and slow, it loses about half its weight in meat, but there are few things better than barbecue brisket.
New research has shown that brisket has several health benefits. Ground beef produced from brisket contains high levels of oleic acid, which is good for increasing the levels of HDL or good cholesterol in humans.
Not really. In fact, both the flank steak and brisket come from the same area of a steer's carcass, but the flank steak is located closer to the belly under the loin whereas the brisket comes from the breast area.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.