MAKE INDIAN NIHARI MEAT RECIPE!Slow-cooking a variety of spices in a flour-based stew yields the heavenly delicacy that is nihari mutton. Despite taking approximately 4 hours to prepare, this delightful recipe is quite simple.
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 5-6 Hours
- 500 gms - Mutton
- 3 Tbsp - Ghee
- 2 - Medium onions
- 2 Tbsp - Ginger-garlic paste
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 Tsp - Coriander powder
- ½ Tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp- Red chili powder
- 2 Tbsp- Wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp - Alcoeats Nihari Masala
- 1 inch - Ginger
- 1 Cup - Coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp - Lime juice
- In a deep bottom stock pot, heat Ghee or Oil; Ghee makes the dish more flavourful. When hot, toss the sliced onions and fry until they become golden brown.
- After adding mutton, ginger-garlic paste, coriander, red chili powder, and turmeric powder with a dash of salt, mix everything to coat the meat in ghee and seasonings. Sauté for five minutes.
- To make nihari, combine the Alcoeats nihari masala with 6 cups of water and blend until combined. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat for approximately 4 hours, frequently checking the meat is cooked. You will know the dish is ready when it shatters when pressed with a wooden spoon.
- Combine wheat flour with half a cup of water until there are no more clumps, then add it to the sauce. Stir thoroughly to combine and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- To complete the dish, add a bit of lime juice and adorn it with strips of ginger and freshly chopped coriander. Serve warm.
- Also, try this recipe for beef nalli nihari and beef shank nihari.
Summing Up On Indian Nihari Meat Recipe
Those who savor great flavors from India to Pakistan are sure to delight in the delicious Pakistani delicacy of nalli nihari mutton. Acclaimed as the national dish of Pakistan, one can relish this exquisite nihari lamb shank in the comfort of their home. For a delectable dinner, serve it with freshly prepared naan or kulcha.
Cook up a memorable lamb nihari with Alcoeats nihari masala - a delightful blend of spices to tantalize your tastebuds with every bite. The extra flavor of the masala will add a unique twist to your traditional lamb shank nihari. Don’t wait further, and grab Alcoeats Nihari Masala now.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.