Restaurant Style Punjabi Rajma MasalaRajma Masala Curry- it is a vegetarian dish, originating from India, consisting of beans in a thick gravy with many Indian spices, and is usually served with rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Bay Leaf - 1-2
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Onion - 2 small
- Green Cardamom - 2-3
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp.
- Dried Red Chili whole - 2
- ALCO Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 medium
- ALCO Rajma Masala -1 tbsp.
- ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Rajma (Beans) - 1 cup
- ALCO Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- ALCO Garam Masala - 1 tsp.
- Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Firstly, wash rajma (beans) and soak them for 5-6 hours or overnight. Then drain the water and transfer it into the pressure cooker. Add 1¾ cups water and salt then cook till 3-4 whished.
- Then heat 2-tbsp oil in a pan over medium flame. When oil is medium hot, then add bay leaf, piece of Cinnamon, green cardamom, and cumin seeds, and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Then add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, and Sauté for 1-2 min, until onion turns translucent.
- Then add chopped tomato and salt Sauté until tomatoes turn soft, add Kashmiri chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and rajma masala. And mix it well and sauté for a min.
- Then add boiled beans and mix well Add some water and mix well. Then mash some beans to thicken the gravy. Cook for 4-5 min or until gravy turns thick.
- Gravy would thicken more as it cools down, You can taste for the salt at this stage and add more if required. Then add 1/4 cup fresh cream.
- Now if you are adding fresh cream, then mix it well and turn off the flame no need to extra cook. Rajma masala curry is ready.
- Finally, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice.
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.