Spicy Lamb Curry Recipe
Firstly, the Difference Between Lamb and Mutton- The definition is quite simple;
- Lamb: Meat from a sheep under 12 months old.
- Mutton: Meat from a sheep over the age of one year.
Lamb means the meat of a sheep under one year of age. It is a nutritious form of red meat. The nutritional value of lamb is impressive; it contains a range of beneficial nutrients including protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Health Benefits of Lamb Meat.
- 1. Lamb Meat – A Fantastic Source of Iron
- 2. A Vitamin B Powerhouse
- 3. A Way to Boost Your Immune System
- 4. Anti-Inflammatory Assets
- 5. A Healthy Source of Protein.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|Ginger- Garlic Paste||2 tbsp.|
|ALCO Forbidden Lamb Gravy Powder||100g|
|Oil/ Ghee||2 tabs.|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||1 tbsp.|
|Tomato Puree||1 cup|
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tbsp.|
|Coriander Leaves||for garnish|
|Cumin Seeds||2 Tsp|
1. Firstly, marinate, the lamb pieces with salt, Kashmiri chili powder, ginger, and garlic paste, for 15-20 min.
2. Then mix 1 whole container (100g) of Forbidden lamb Gravy Powder with 3 medium glass (700)ml of water and make a paste.
3. Chop 1 small (25g) onion and red chili, and keep aside.
4. Now boil the marinated pieces of mutton, in a pressure cooker, till they become soft. Then separate the mutton pieces from the hot water.
5. In a heavy bottom pot, heat the ghee or oil on medium then add the mace, bay leaf, star anise, cumin seed, clove, cinnamon stick to the oil.
Once the oil heats up, sauté the previously chopped onion for 2-3 min.
6. Then add the tomato puree, garam masala, salt and previously prepared gravy to the pan and cook on the heat for 2-3 min. Add pieces of lamb to the gravy and cook for 10-12 min. or till the gravy thickens.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.