Chana Masala Tacos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tbsp.|
|ALCO Cumin Powder||1 tbsp.|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|ALCO Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Chili flakes||1/2 tsp|
|Grapeseed oil||2 tbsp.|
|Red potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)||4 medium|
|Garlic cloves (finely chopped)||4|
|Fresh ginger (grated)||2 tbsp.|
|Red bell pepper (diced)||1|
|Diced tomatoes||28 oz.|
|Chickpeas (drained)||28 oz.|
|Spinach (rinsed and coarsely chopped)||1 bunch|
|Cilantro (rinsed and coarsely chopped)||1/2 bunch|
Tamarind Chutney (can also use any store bought or homemade chutney):
|Tamarind concentrate||4 tbsp.|
|Brown sugar||4 tbsp.|
|Chili flakes (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Small corn tortillas (warmed)||As needed|
|Fresh cilantro (leaves picked)||As needed|
|Plain yogurt||As needed|
|Chutney of your choice||As needed|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the potatoes in 1 tbsp. of grapeseed oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and spread on to the baking sheet. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- In a large pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, bell pepper and spices and mix well. Add the diced tomatoes and the chickpeas and stir. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Add the roasted potatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach, cilantro and lemon juice.
- If you are making the tamarind sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer until thickened- roughly 30 minutes.
- To serve, heat tortillas and spoon chickpea filling into each. Top with chutney, yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Recipe By Finn