Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Seed||1 tsp|
|ALCO Red Chili Powder||1-2 tsp|
|Salt to taste||As needed|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 tsp|
|Thumb of ginger (finely minced)||1 large|
|Garlic cloves (minced)||3|
|Onion (finely diced)||1 tbsp.|
|Coconut oil||As needed|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp Ground|
|Green Cardamom||10 crushed|
|tomato puree||2 tbsp.|
|Tomatoes (chopped)||1 tin|
|Raw king prawns||150-200g|
|Frozen green peas||150g|
- Firstly, heat the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onions until they are brown.
- Then add in the garlic, ginger, and cardamom pods and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then mix in the spices, allowing them to cook for a few minutes before stirring in the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, salt, and water.
- Then bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir the sauce occasionally to prevent any burning at the bottom.
- Now pour in the coconut cream, king prawns, peas, and sugar. Mix thoroughly and cook for a further 5 minutes until the prawns cook through. Add more salt to taste if necessary.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Matzo Balls are a holiday classic that’s the comfort food and happens to be easy to make! Enjoy your holidays with Matzo Balls.
Aloo Dum is a creamy tomato-based curry with baby potatoes. The literal translation of Aloo Dum is slow-cooked potatoes and the dish originates from the northern part of India. Aloo Dum is...