Coffee enthusiasts love to explore new types of Coffee brews. Coffee lovers like to buy various beans even when on a diet. The crazy Coffee lovers browse through every Coffee shop menu and supermarket shelves to find what suits them the most. On the Keto diet, coffee lovers have restricted options. If you are a Coffee lover, you can still try out interesting, exciting, and healthy Keto Coffee recipes!
What Is A Ketogenic Diet?
A Ketogenic diet has its foundation in lowering the intake of carbohydrates and increasing the intake of healthy fats. Keto diets are low carb but promote the intake of healthy fats.
You must be wondering what is Keto Coffee?
Keto Coffee is a variation of regular coffee and is healthier than other breakfast options while one is on a Keto diet. The Coffee has calories to match the diet. Other ingredients can also be included in the diet like Keto butter. It gives plenty of energy to the diet. Butter also gives a satiated feeling through the fasting hours.
Drinking coffee on the Keto diet breaks your fast and ramps up your metabolism with fats and caffeine. It helps to get through the fasting process in the hours ahead. Two cups of Keto Coffee in the morning can help you fast all day. This is a good way for intermittent fasting all day while eating at 9 pm.
What Do You Need To Make Keto Coffee?
A perfect Keto Coffee brew is simple to make with a few ingredients and a Kettle. For Coffee lovers, the ingredients include self-grounded Coffee. A small cup attachment lets you brew the Coffee you want. It is better to use freshly ground Coffee beans which are healthier and tastes much better. You can also add other ingredients that are much healthier and add to the taste.
Main Components For Keto Coffee
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is also known as MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) oil. It is about 65%-80% MCT. MCT oil is a little more concentrated than coconut oil. Both oils aid in fat loss and thus are used much more in a Keto diet.
- Grass-Fed Butter – Grass-fed butter comes from cows who are on a diet of fresh grass. These cows yield butter with improved consistency and higher nutritional properties. An increase in intake of fresh grass in the diet increases the amount of fat content. It increases unsaturated fats content that gives pleasant firmness. With such content, the nutritional quality of butter also increases as it gets loaded with Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin K2.
- Immersion Blender – You will need a good immersion blender to mix oil with water. A blender can force the two liquids together. This blender gives a finished look like a latte with foam on top.
Is Butter Coffee Good For Health?
A butter Coffee gives the best benefit of fat loss. Consuming medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) lead to losses in adipose tissue or fat tissue in the body. It is a great way to aid in the Ketogenic diet. Eating fat leads to more amount of energy. It also leads to efficient energy usage with effective weight loss.
Butter Coffee increases the energy in the body as studies show that the rapid oxidation rate in MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) results in higher energy expenditure. MCFAs get converted to Ketones and are absorbed in the body, unlike regular oils. They give us higher energy overall. There is a myth that saturated fat increases the chances of Heart Disease. Myth is debunked as saturated fats affect health and the heart in a positive way.
Preparation of Butter Coffee
- For 2 cups of Coffee, you need two tablespoons of grass-fed unsalted butter two tablespoons of MCT Oil, one tablespoon of heavy whipping cream, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Brew Coffee worth 2 cups in a large container.
- Fill the Coffee filter. After this, you should wet the Coffee with water to allow 30 seconds for the Coffee powder to “bloom”. Brew in the normal way by pouring the water in a circular motion.
- Put butter and MCT oil in an immersion blender. Mix it well.
- Use 2 Tbsp. of grass-fed butter
- Drop the butter and add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2 Tbsp. MCT oil.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream for a silky texture.
- Mix it with your immersion blender. Between 45-60 seconds gets a great frothy cap. You can move the immersion blender up and down to emulsify all the fat into the Coffee. This process aerates the mixture adding to the froth.
- Measure it out into the mug and drink.
1 cup of Keto Coffee contains 260 Calories, 27.7 gm of Fats, 1.05 gm Net Carbs, and 1.08 gm of Protein.
The use of medium-chain fatty acids like edible oil has a suppressing effect on fat accumulation in the body. The physiological effects of medium-chain triglycerides are that it is a potential agent in the prevention of obesity. There is a known linear relationship between the proportion of fresh grass in the cow's diet and milk fatty acid composition. A review of the evidence supporting the link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease rules out the role of saturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease. There is loads of evidence of increased concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids in the milk of grass-fed cows.
Are All Keto Coffee Drinks Variations Of Black Coffee?
Sugar or high-carb creamers and sugar are not allowed on a Keto diet but using full-fat heavy cream to make the morning Keto Coffee is justified. This will make the cup indulgent and creamy. Get creative with spices, like vanilla and cinnamon add extra flavour to your cup of Keto Coffee. For the ones who prefer sweet Coffee, plenty of Keto-friendly sweeteners are also available in stores and online.
At What Time Of The Day Can I Have Coffee On Keto?
There are countless Keto Coffee recipes available online and with dieticians. People look for new recipes when on a Keto diet. Keto allows you to consume fats, and plenty of options make your diet creative. Keto lets the intake of sweet flavours and cream. You can also use heavy cream, spices, and unsweetened almond milk in your Keto Coffee. Vanilla extract also adds to the natural flavour and sweetness, and you can use the ready-made Keto creamers. But, do remember that sugar is a source of carbs, and you must avoid carbs when doing Keto.
So, while having a morning Coffee with caramel syrup is not an option, you can look for variations in the available options. You can also try Keto-approved ingredients and recipes for a nice brew. If you rely on a cup of Coffee to start your day, you can look at the below recipes. We list 15 Keto Coffee drinks to improve your mornings with a healthy drink!
15 Healthy Keto Coffee Recipes
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte - It is easy to make a Keto pumpkin spiced latte at home. It saves money and helps to curb cravings. The best part is that the recipe will not overload the body with carbs or sugar. Coffee needs a blend of almond milk with heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree. You must add xylitol or any sweetener of your preference. As heavy cream is also low-carb, you can add it to the Coffee to make it velvety and rich. Keto Coffee will get you hopping in the morning. It will keep you going, and still in Ketosis. You get a great cup of rich Coffee and keep shedding those pounds.
- Keto Crack Coffee - MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides are a part of many Keto recipes. If you can buy these healthy fats, then make your Keto Coffee drinks easily. You also need liquid sweetener as these are served cold. You can add everything except the Coffee to a pot and gently heat it until the sweetener dissolves. Keep this in the fridge as a ready-made Keto creamer. The recipe uses strong Coffee because the latte-style drinks are relatively weak. Use whichever Coffee you like and adjust it as per taste.
- Vanilla Keto Coffee - Keto-approved Coffee can be made with three easy ingredients namely grass-fed ghee, MCT oil, and organic coconut oil. They are available in original flavours, cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin, cacao, caramel, and peppermint. They give a hit of sweet taste and taste great as well. These are 100% fat and you will not get the same creaminess as cream or milk. You can make it creamier with a whisk or a blender. This will make the Keto Coffee drink frothier as the blender will emulsify the mixture.
- Iced Mocha - Iced mocha is a good option minus the intense sweetness. If you like the chocolate taste in your Coffee, you can also use natural cocoa powder. It is gluten and sugar-free and fit for Keto diets. Choose a cocoa powder that doesn’t lead to a hot cocoa mix full of sugar. Since cocoa powder must be strong, find the Keto Coffee drink that is not too sweet. The cream helps to mellow down the intensity of your mocha drink.
- Mocha Frappuccino - As whipped cream is allowed in the Frappuccino recipe and thus it is nothing like “diet” food. The typical store Frappuccino version contains more than 65 grams of carbs. But this recipe only has 3.7 gm carbs! You can use unsweetened cocoa powder and play around with sweeteners. Once you get the right sweeteners, you can use them for every brew. Almond Milk Whip is optional but will make this drink a treat
- Keto Whipped Dalgona Coffee Recipe - Dalgona Coffee is popular these days and has also blown up thanks to social media. It is not an elaborate Coffee concoction. Dalgona Coffee is like instant Coffee with sugar and water. If you want a Keto version of the regular Dalgona Coffee, you can substitute sugar for your Keto sweetener. Instead of milk, use the foam over the unsweetened almond milk to add to the richness of the cup.
- Dairy-Free Keto Cappuccino - The best way to make a good cappuccino is by adding foam. Dairy-less kinds of milk do not froth up to make proper foam. You can use coconut milk, which leaves a little sweetness in the drink. Get coconut milk minus the cream. That is too thick and creamy. It whips up rather than being foamy.
- Keto Bulletproof Latte - Bulletproof latte is popular among Keto dieters due to its high fat content. The tasty drink is over 50% fat, and will help you stay in Ketosis. The drink does not affect blood sugar. But you need a blender to make this Coffee. The blender should be able to properly emulsify the Coffee with the fats. These recipes need butter, which leaves a distinct flavour. However, you can also use cocoa butter as it gives a sweet, chocolaty taste without sugar or cocoa powder.
- Keto Peppermint Mocha - Peppermint mocha is super intense and has great flavours, but it is not bitter and provides a mellow chocolate flavour. This makes it a popular Keto Coffee drink. The ingredients needed to make this mocha include MCT oil powder. You can buy it in a variety of flavours like peanut butter and caramel. You will also need confectioners which are a substitute for powdered sugar. You can also use granulated sweetener. This can be made in a low-carb or a sugar-less version if you like it that way
- Mexican Coffee - Mexican Coffee is a dirty version of a natural Keto drink. Its ingredients are a little different from serious Keto. This drink contains sodium benzoate, acesulfame K, and sucralose. It is a great way to make Coffee like usual Coffee without restricting yourself. There is nothing better than sweet, cinnamon-scented Coffee in the morning. This recipe uses brown sugar and cinnamon flavour for a sweet and warm cup of Coffee. It is an easy and delicious Keto recipe.
- Snickerdoodle Latte - Lattes are about milk and not coffee, but as almond, soy, coconut, and cashew are Keto-approved kinds of milk you can make a decent latte. A Keto diet doesn’t mean a vegan diet. Keto recipes approve high-fat dairy options or heavy cream. They make a huge difference with their creamy flavours. Since this recipe is not just cinnamon but snickerdoodle, you can use a drop of molasses for a deep brown sugary taste.
- Chocolate Keto Bulletproof Coffee - Another bulletproof Coffee recipe uses cocoa powder to give a mocha taste. But you will need a blender to make it. A frothier doesn’t work here. Adding hot liquids to the blender will help you make a Keto-approved cup of Coffee. The blender should properly emulsify the Coffee with the fats. These recipes need butter, which leaves a distinct flavour. It is a hit among Keto dieters.
- Keto Irish Coffee - A small amount of alcohol is allowed for Keto dieters. But be aware that it can slow down the rate of Ketosis. If you are ready for this break-in diet, then you can choose to blend this cup of Keto-approved Irish Coffee. It is slightly harmful to specific health goals. You can also use pure forms of alcohol, like whisky, tequila, gin, rum, and vodka. They are carb-free. Adding a little whiskey to your Keto Coffee is a treat that will not ruin your progress.
- Keto Iced Coffee Recipe - Iced Coffee is a good option minus the intense sweetness. If you like the sweet taste of your Coffee, then you can also use natural Keto-approved sweeteners. If you don’t want fatty Keto creamers and dirty Keto syrups, there are other Keto-approved, carb-free sugar syrups that you can choose. Try sample syrups until you can find out the one that you prefer. A variety of flavours means you can switch daily to keep changing your Coffee and keep it exciting. You can enjoy iced Coffee throughout the morning and try making Coffee ice cubes for other days.
- Keto Iced Caramel Macchiato - Caramel macchiatos use milk, espresso, caramel syrup, and more caramel on the top. Using a caramel recipe with unsweetened silk almond milk, sugar-free caramel syrup, and expresso, you can create this recipe at home. The drink will be a great treat to your diet and saves you a trip to the Coffee shop.
Health Benefits Of Keto Coffee
Keto Coffee recipes vary as per the region and the ingredients. There are different substitutes as per your need. A Keto Coffee typically consists of healthy fats and it is very low on carbs. Thus, having a cup of Keto Coffee can make you feel full for longer durations. Keto Coffee can also bring your body into the state of Ketosis. In this state, the fatty acids get broken into smaller Ketone bodies. These molecules are more efficient in fuelling your body with energy and don’t add to the glucose. The best part is it is simple to brew a cup of Keto Coffee and does not need a lengthy process to bring out the rich taste.
So get ready to brew your favourite cup of Keto Coffee without worrying about the calories or harming your diet!
Alcoeats is Proud to serve ZERO
- ZERO Artificial Flavours - Our products are 100% natural. The ingredients are ethically sourced directly from the Earth. Our product's mouth-watering flavours come from the finest spice blends that this Earth has to offer.
- ZERO Preservatives - We care about you! We are committed to serving you food products that feel safe consuming. We believe that you should always know what you are eating, which is why we do not use any strange chemicals created in a lab.
- ZERO Anti-Caking Agents -There is no grey area in our customer's health, which is why we do not add any Anti-Caking agents. If the ingredient is not sourced from the Earth, we will not add it to our products.
- ZERO MSG or Fillers - Our products are 100% pure and what you see is what you get. We value our customer's trust in our brand, which is why do not add any fillers or MSG to help us save on costs.
Keto coffee is much healthfuller than the average breakfast. Simply speaking, keto coffee is ordinary coffee with low-carb, high-fat foods like butter, coconut oil, or ghee added to increase the fat content. We recommend trying bone broth and herbal tea if you want a keto coffee substitute. You can also try Keto Matcha Latte, Turmeric Milk with Ghee, Keto Chai Tea Latte, and Crio Bru’s Brewed Cocoa as other keto coffee substitutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!