DIVE INTO THE PANEER TIKKA MASALA RECIPEPaneer Tikka Masala is a famous recipe where cubes of Paneer, onions, and peppers are marinated with yogurt and spices, grilled, and layered with creamy tomato-based curry. Read more about it here.
- Total Time - 25 minutes
- Course - Snacks
- Cuisine - Indian
- Servings - 3
The recipe for tikka masala
- Dry roast the different types of spices. It includes whole coriander seeds (3 tablespoons), cumin seeds (3 tablespoons), whole black peppercorns (2 teaspoons), dry Kashmiri red chilies (15-20), 5-6 cloves, whole black cardamoms (4-5), whole green cardamoms (5-6) and a piece of cinnamon stick. Roast on low heat until they are lightly brown and fragrant. Keep stirring the spices continuously while roasting till the aroma starts coming out.
- Let the dry roasted spices cool for a few minutes.
- Grind the dry spices to a fine powder using a mixer blender. Let the spice mix sit for a few minutes.
Paneer Masala Tikka Recipe
The recipe for Paneer masala tikka has many steps. However, it is not a technical nor a complicated recipe.
- The first step is marinating the Paneer. Take a large bowl and add a few tablespoons of hung curd. Whisk the curd until it is smooth in texture.
- Add one teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste, Paneer Tikka Masala powder, cornstarch, gram flour, and salt. Add the spice powders along with ½ teaspoon Garam Masala powder and a pinch of crushed saffron. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the mix.
- Mix the ingredients well and add the paneer cubes, green bell pepper, and onions. Thread the paneer cubes and the vegetables on a metal skewer and put them on the grill. Before putting them on the grill, skewer the Paneer and turn the cubes into grilled paneer tikka.
- Keep the top heating grill of the regular oven and keep the hot pan on the top at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush two teaspoons of oil evenly on the Paneer, bell pepper cubes, and onion. Grill skewered paneer cubes & all the veggies in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit). Grill them for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the skewers to keep turning them for even grilling on all sides of the cubes.
- Garnish the dish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve the Paneer Tikka Masala with roti, naan, or jeera rice.
Health benefits of Paneer Tikka Masala
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
Did you know?
Paneer typically has 20 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, and less than 2 grams of carbohydrate per 100 grams. For a high-protein diet, it can be the best option besides meat. It has numerous Health Benefits; such as:
- Lowers the risk of breast cancer - The prevalence of cancer is high, and the rate of breast cancer in women is rising at an alarming rate (especially in unmarried and pre-menopausal women). Paneer contains calcium and vitamin D, which may help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Helps in Weight loss - Good news for all you workout addicts! Paneer aids weight loss since it contains protein, which keeps you full for a long time and prevents overeating. Furthermore, it has a fatty acid that aids in fat burning.
- Ensures a Healthy Digestive System - It contains phosphorus and magnesium. Phosphorus aids in easy elimination and digestion, and magnesium prevents constipation since it has a laxative effect. So, Paneer aids in a happy tummy.
- Beneficial for Diabetics! - Diabetic? But don't worry, you can have Paneer! The magnesium in Paneer may help control and maintain blood sugar levels and may enhance the immune system, heart health, and heart. Also, the protein in Paneer avoids sharp rises and falls in blood sugar levels.
- Strengthens the bones and teeth - Calcium is believed to build bones and teeth, and Paneer is high in calcium. Aside from this, calcium intake may support healthy cardiac muscles and a smooth functioning neural system.
Summing up Paneer Tikka Masala
Paneer Tikka Masala is the most popular Indian cuisine. It adds flavor and aroma to all dishes, like paneer tikka and chicken tikka. The tikka masala mix is a fragrant and spicy blend of spices used to make many Indian tikka dishes.
So, as you’ve seen, this paneer tikka masala is super flavorful, delicious, and easy to make! With soft, juicy, melt-in-the-mouth tender chunks of marinated chargrilled paneer floating leisurely in a flavorsome creamy and spicy gravy, it sure will be your new family favorite dish (along with paneer tikka of course!). This paneer masala gravy dish is a fantastic dinner option if you plan to eat something Indian.
FAQs on Paneer Tikka Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.