Vegan French Toast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Red Chili Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Fine Gram Flour||1/4 cup|
|Red Onion (Finely Sliced)||1/4 cup|
|Green Chili (Finely Chopped)||1|
|Cilantro (Finely Chopped)||2 tbsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Ground Turmeric||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Ginger Paste||1 tsp|
|Bread Slices (hearty white or other firm bread)||2 slices|
- Add besan to a wide mixing bowl. Break any lumps. Add half of the water and mix well to form a smooth paste and then add the remaining water to make a flowy batter. Add salt, turmeric, green chili, ginger and garlic paste, onions, and cilantro. Mix well. Optimally stir in ALCO Red Chili Powder for extra spice.
- Dip one sliced bread in the batter and press down with a spoon so the bread soaks the batter. Turn the bread over gently, press down and spoon over some batter on the top side.
- Heat a non-stick skillet at medium heat and spread 1 teaspoon of oil. Place the soaked bread slice on the skillet and spread over 1 to 2 spoonful's of batter on top. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom side is golden brown.
- Carefully flip over the bread and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Add a teaspoon of oil to the sides of the bread.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the second slice of bread. Enjoy hot with ketchup, green chutney or sriracha sauce, and ginger chai.