Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at
For the Mint Yogurt:
|Greek yogurt||1 cup|
|Dried Mint||½ tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tbsp.|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp.|
For the Cauliflower Fritters:
|Flour||1 cup all-purpose|
|Cumin||1 ½ tsp|
|ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder||¾ tsp|
|ALCO Turmeric Powder||½ tsp|
|Baking Powder||½ tsp|
1. To make the yogurt, place all the ingredients for the mint yogurt in a bowl. Mix to combine dried mint, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the cauliflower. Simmer for 4 minutes, then drain into a colander. Using a fork or a potato masher, crush the cauliflower, then transfer it to a large bowl.
3. Add the flour, parsley, onion, eggs, cumin, red chili powder, turmeric powder, baking powder, and salt and a good grind of black pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of the cooking water and mix well to combine. Line a large plate with paper towels.
4. In a large saute pan, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter per fritter into the oil. You’ll need to do this in batches (adding 4 to 5 fritters at a time) so as not to crowd the pan, and use a spatula to keep them apart. Fry for about 4 to 5 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until both sides are golden brown (mine took 2 minutes on each side).
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked fritters to the prepared plate and set aside while you continue with the remaining batches.
6. Serve warm.