ALCOEATS "FEED A KID" PROGRAM
Alcoeats runs a program called "Feed a Kid," which serves hot and fresh cooked, nutritious, and delicious food to underprivileged and hungry kids across Chhattisgarh. The program aims at extending its services to several other pockets of poverty across India. So far, Alcoeats has served 2319 kids in 216 days.
Why “Feed A Kid” Program?
A report by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) says about 31% of the world’s “multidimensionally poor” children live in India. Chhattisgarh is home to kids from more than 43 tribal groups, enclosed by beautiful dense forests and a prosperous cultural heritage. Approximately 41% of the State's population are kids aged 0-18 years, with 3.6 million kids aged 0-6 years comprising 14 percent of the entire population. The national average for malnutrition is 32.1 percent while in Chhattisgarh it is 31.3%. Kids living in tribal societies in secluded areas are specifically vulnerable.
Why is Nutrition Important in Childhood
Stimulation in early childhood is essential for growing healthy brains and bodies. Nourishment plays a substantial role, particularly during children's formative years. During the first six years of life, children gain several developmental landmarks, which act as a basis for future development and wisdom.
Globally, malnutrition contributes to almost 45% of deaths of children below five years of age. According to India's National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5), from 2019 to 2021, 35.5% of children under the age of five had stunting and 32.1% had an underweight condition. The prevention depends on the approach, program, and budgetary activities directed towards kids during prenatal and their first few years.
How We Execute "Feed A Kid" Program?
For any purchase more than 30 USD made at Alcoeats, we feed one kid on your behalf. For example, if you purchase 30 USD we will feed one kid on your behalf, if you purchase 60 USD we will feed two kids on your behalf. Once the kids are fed, a confirmation and proof of feeding kids on your behalf will be promptly shared with you over email. Please understand we do not charge any admin fee etc to do this work. Every single dollar that we use for this program is solely used to feed kids.
Objectives Of “Feed A Kid” Program
Our attention is directed towards those in greatest need - young kids deprived of vital nutrition during their formative years.
- To boost their health with adequate nutrition - Maintaining a balanced diet is integral to living a healthy life. Here at Alcoeats, we strive to improve lives through proper food and nourishment.
- To reduce acute levels of poverty and food insecurity - With “Feed A Kid” program, we aim to eliminate food insecurity for underfed or malnourished children. The kids that we feed these meals to belong to underprivileged backgrounds and their parents do not have enough means to sustain proper nutrition for their kids.
- To improve and transform lives - Our “Feed a Kid” program allows us to drastically alter the lives of children who lack access to food. Through a single effort, we can provide them with necessities and have a lasting positive effect on their well-being.
How do we execute "Feed A Kid" Program?
We believe "Feed a Kid" Program has a significant "socialization role." The intent is – Serve the Food in an organized, dignified, equitable, and friendly manner. Towards this, our "Feed a Kid" free food program routine strictly observes the following serving rules:
- All our meals are served in our office, which is highly hygienic and clean.
- All invited children are made to wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water before eating.
- We ensure that each kid is served adequate food with unlimited servings for them.
- We always try to avoid any food wastage during this event. Any extra food, if left, is re-distributed to the needy in our nearby locality.
Alcoeats "Feed a Kid" program has Strict hygiene parameters for preparing these meals that include:
- Mandatory scrubbing and cleaning of all vegetables used for cooking.
- Mandatory washing of hands before cooking.
- All food handlers should mandatorily have their nails clipped.
- All water used for cooking must be mandatorily purified by either boiling or filtration.
- All staff handling food must wear Hair covers or caps mandatorily.
- Every "Feed a Kid" meal routine in Alcoeats is strictly monitored for hygiene and quality at all times.
The Alcoeats Family believes that "We rise by lifting others." When you help someone up the hill, you get closer to the top yourself. Giving back to the community is not generosity; it's a duty. Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways, it can change someone else's life forever. And that is how Alco works! A portion of every product sold above 30 USD by Alco goes to the welfare of "Feed a Kid," where the Alco Family feeds needy kids themselves. And as Mother Teressa has always said, If you can't provide 1,000 people, feed one. Wanting a change is futile until you create a difference, no matter how big or small. Thank you for making a difference in your way. We appreciate you.
We have been running this program since 2019 and we want to share it with you. See the difference we have made in the life of Radhika. There are 2299 more lives that we have made a difference in.
Story of Radhika
Radhika always had a complicated relationship with food. She was living in filth and squalor in Raipur, often at the mercy of others for food. Sometimes she managed to get by with the help of friends and neighbors, but many a time, she went days without anything to eat.
When Alcoeats found Radhika, she was in a very poor condition. She didn’t have anything with her and was starving all the time. It was quite a distressing sight.
Radhika was thus included into the “Feed A Kid” initiative, and now she enjoys healthy and nutritious meals on a weeky basis.
JOIN THE ALCOEATS REVOLUTION and Get 30% OFF
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Alcoeats news and more!