Tikka Masala Pork Ribs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.
|ALCO Garam Masala||2 tsp|
|ALCO Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1/2 tsp|
|Tandoori color powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baby Back Ribs (cleaned and pat dried with paper towels)||900–1000g|
|Garlic gloves (chopped into small chunks)||7|
|Ginger(chopped into small chunks)||1/2 inch knob|
|Red chilies (chopped into three to four 1cm pieces each)||5 - 8|
|Green Chilies (chopped into three to four 1cm pieces each)||1 - 3|
|Greek yogurt||10 tbsp.|
|Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)||2 tbsp.|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp.|
|Cilantro (freshly chopped)||2 tbsp.|
|Mint leaves (freshly chopped)||1 tsp|
|Tikka masala dip||As needed|
- Clean the ribs and trim off any excess fat if needed. Pat-dry with paper towels. Then cut tiny slits in the meat part of the ribs and place them in a large dish (you may need to use two dishes if you don’t have one that is large enough to hold all the rib pieces).
- Combine the garlic, ginger, red & green chilies, Greek yogurt, black pepper, kosher salt, ALCO Garam Masala, ground cayenne (or ALCO Kashmiri red chili powder), lemon juice, tandoori color powder, and water in a blender jug. Blend until smooth. Reserve about 1 cup of the marinade and cover and refrigerate. (It’s for making the Tikka Masala Dip later.)
- Pour the remainder marinade in the blender jug over the ribs, and turn them to coat fully with the marinade on all sides. Cover with cling wrap (or the dish cover) and refrigerate for 5-6 hours, or overnight for maximum flavor and best results.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge at least 40 minutes before you plan to cook, and preheat the oven to 200°C/400°. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, then break a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and place it on top of the wire rack.
- Lift the ribs from the marinade and line them up flesh side up on the center of the foil. Spoon some of the remaining marinade in the dish over the ribs and spread with a spoon to coat evenly. Then fold all four sides of the foil to cover the ribs and form a “package”.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully open the package using tongs. Use the tongs to transfer the ribs to the wire rack, flesh side facing front. Baste the ribs on the front, top, and back with some of the remaining marinade in the dish. Place the tray back in the oven to cook under the broiler for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and use tongs to turn over the ribs. Baste them again with the remaining marinade in the dish before placing the tray back into the oven to cook under the broiler for 5-7 minutes or until the ribs are crisp and have charred slightly (or until they have charred to your liking). Discard any remaining marinade in the dish.
- While the ribs are in the oven the second time, heat olive oil in a small pan and sauté the reserved 1 cup of marinade for 3-5 minutes to make the Tikka Masala Dip. Once the marinade has thickened and turned into a dark orange color, transfer it to a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Remove the tray from the oven once the ribs are done or have crisped up to your liking, and plate them
To Serve: Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves, and serve with the Tikka Masala Dip, lemon wedges, and Cooling Cucumber & Mint Yogurt Dip (if desired).
- Recipe By LAVINA