Grilled Pork Chops with Burst Blueberry Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Meat Seasoning||1 tsp|
|Flaky sea salt||As needed|
|Granulated sugar||As needed|
|Black pepper (divided)||1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp|
|Kosher salt (divided)||1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp|
|Bone-in pork rib chops (cut 1 to 1½ inches thick)||8|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 tbsp.|
Chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely chopped (plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce)
Dry red wine
Thyme (finely chopped) + thyme sprigs for garnish
Shallot (finely chopped)
Olive oil (divided)
|2 1/2 tbsp.|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add shallot and chopped thyme; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, and bring to a simmer over medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost completely reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries, chipotle chili, adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, ALCO Meat Seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until blueberries burst and sauce thickens slightly, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar. Add sugar to taste, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. (The amount of sugar will depend on the sweetness of the berries.) Let sauce cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Season with kosher salt to taste.
- While sauce cools, preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Rub pork chops all over with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and season with remaining 1 tablespoon kosher salt and remaining 1/2 tablespoon black pepper.
- Grill pork chops, flipping once halfway through cook time, until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 130°F to 135°F, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from grill; cover with aluminum foil, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Arrange pork on a serving platter, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with blueberry sauce.
- Recipe By