CHICKEN TIKKA IN THE OVENThe Tandoori Chicken Tikka recipe consists of tender, juicy boneless chicken Tikkas marinated in a delicious tandoori marinade and then skewered and baked.
- Boneless Chicken Chunks cut into 2″ pieces - Choose from either chicken thighs or breasts.
- Onion paste - Squeeze out all excess water without making the onion paste overly dry.
- Plain/Greek yogurt
- Tomato Paste
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Mustard oil - Mustard oil gives the best flavor to your chicken tikka.
- Lemon or lime juice.
- Prepare the Chicken and get the ingredients - Cut the boneless chicken meat into 2.5-inch pieces. Wash these pieces thoroughly. Gently dry the meat and store it in a bowl. Add all the above ingredients to this bowl.
- Marinate the Chicken - Coat the chicken pieces well with the tandoori tikka marinade. You can use a spoon or your hands for coating. Let the chicken pieces stay in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours before you start skewering them.
- Skewer the Chicken Tikka - Thread the marinated chicken tikka pieces on metal or bamboo skewers, alternating them with cubed bell peppers, capsicums and onion petals.
- Bake and Broil Chicken Tikka Skewers - Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Take a cookie rack and neatly place the skewered chicken tikka pieces on this rack. Bake at 375˚F for around 20 minutes flipping the tikkas halfway through cooking. Finally, Broil on HIGH for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve them hot with chutneys and dips.
How to store Chicken Tikka in a fridge/freezer?
Storing Chicken Tikka in your fridge or freezer is easy.
- Ensure that you place them in an airtight container and store the cooked Chicken Tikka Kebabs for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- If you’re planning to freeze them, lay them on a baking sheet and place them in your freezer until each piece is frozen. You can then store them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Freezing individual pieces will prevent the kebabs from clumping together and also ensure that you can take out as many pieces as you want whenever you need.
FAQs on Chicken Tikka
Soak the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight. Then bake them at 450°F (230°C) for 50 minutes.
Baking chicken at home is as easy as making and baking. You don’t need to worry about covering the chicken while baking, as it's fine to bake it uncovered. Once your chicken is in the oven, you can leave it untouched till you need to check the temperature.
Brine your chicken in a mixture of water and a few tablespoons of salt for 30 minutes. This boosts the natural flavor and moisture of the chicken breasts and will leave you with extra tender pieces of chicken. Doing this will really ensure your chicken won't be dry or tough.
Yes, because it delivers mouth-watering results. By using foil when baking chicken, you seal in its juices as it steams. This keeps your chicken moist and deliciously flavorful.
Most probably, you're not completely drying chicken off before you cook it. If the chicken is not dry, it releases more moisture while cooking. If moisture present in the chicken leaks into the pan, the chicken will steam. The chicken will still cook well, but it won't get crispy.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.