INDIAN STYLE CHICKEN TIKKA KEBAB
Chicken Tikka Kebab is a flavorful snack that requires the marination of chicken and veggies in yogurt and aromatic Indian spices before being threaded onto skewers and cooked until crisp and slightly charred. This simple recipe can prepare this well-known Indian street delicacy in only 30 minutes!
How to make Chicken Tikka Kebab?
- Course - Appetizer
- Cuisine - Indian
- Prep Time - 25 Min
- Cook Time - 45 Minutes
- Servings - 5 people
Ingredients to make Chicken Tikka Kebab
For Chicken Marination
- 450 g Chicken thighs - Boneless skinless cut into 1.5-2 inch cubes
- ½ Cup - Greek Yogurt
- ¾ tbsp - Ginger grated
- ¾ tbsp - Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp - Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp - Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Alco's Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp - Coriander Powder
- ½ tbsp - Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp - Salt adjust to taste
- Marinated Chicken Cubes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Red Onion cut into 2-inch cubes, layers separated
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
Instructions to make Chicken Tikka Kebab
Here is a step-by-step Chicken Tikka Kebab Recipe
- Take a pan and dry roast the gram flour on low. Set aside to cool it.
- Mix all the spices like ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, Kashmiri red chili, garam masala powder, salt, and Alcoeats Chicken Masala.
- Now add beaten curd and gram flour into the bowl.
- Now add the chicken chunks but ensure that the chicken is dehydrated and has no excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients using your hands.
- Marinate it and store it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Marinate chicken breasts for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight for the best flavors.
- Soak your skewers for 30 minutes in water to prevent them from burning.
- Preheat your oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Take out the marinated chicken on a plate and marinate the onions and capsicum in the same bowl with excess marinade.
- Skew them one by one. Grill it for 20 minutes until it gets cooked well.
- Please remove it from the oven and brush it with mustard oil.
- Season with Chaat Masala and serve it hot with mint chutney.
Place the chicken skewers in the air fryer basket after oiling it. Set the oven to 400 ℉, and cook the chicken for 15 minutes. You can also cook it without the skewers and serve it as bites.
Outdoor Grill Technique
Soak the wooden skewers in water for an hour to prepare Chicken Tikka Kebab on an outside barbecue. It keeps the skewers from burning. The chicken and vegetables are then threaded onto the skewers and brushed with oil. Preheat the grill to 400°F and cook the chicken skewers for 10 to 15 minutes on aluminum foil sprayed with oil. Turn the skewers halfway through.
Chicken Tikka Kebab Serving Methods
- Garnish with red onion and lime wedges. Serve with Mint Cilantro Chutney on the side for dipping.
- Serve as an appetizer at a gathering on skewers or as Chicken Tikka bites without skewers. Serve alongside Mint Chutney or additional dipping sauces of choice. You can add raita and saffron rice for a delightful lunch or dinner.
- Slice them in salads or wrap them with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and mint chutney.
- You can make a great curry in minutes by adding it to any simple chicken sauce to have a delicious addition to your lunch.
Tips to make the best Chicken Tikka Kebab
- If you want a more tender Malai Chicken Tikka, marinate it for at least 30 minutes. The longer the marination, the better the taste.
- Cook the meat only until done for the finest results. It will result in soft, juicy, and tender chicken kebabs. Overcooked meat might result in chewy kebabs. So be careful.
- Make a large batch of this marinated chicken and store it in the freezer for later use or meal prep for the week.
Health Benefits of Chicken Tikka Kebab
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- A source of protein - Chicken has a very high protein level, which is crucial for keeping our muscles strong. For those looking to gain muscle, chicken is a need.
- It may help in Losing Weight - Have you ever seen a balanced meal without any chicken on it? Since chicken is essentially lean meat that doesn't have much fat, it is always a part of a healthy diet. Therefore, frequently consuming chicken aids in a healthy diet plan.
- It may strengthen Bones - Chicken is an excellent source of calcium and phosphorus in addition to protein. Both of these minerals support strong bones. Eating chicken may lower the risk of developing arthritis.
- It may work as a Stress Buster - Which food nutrition can lower stress? It's tryptophan and vitamin B5. And both are high in chicken. Magnesium, abundant in chicken, may help treat PMS symptoms.
- It may Boost Immunity - Have you ever questioned why, whether you have the flu or a cold, doctors advice including chicken soup in your recovery meals? It's because chicken supports the body's immune cells, and soup's steam clears the nasal passages. The best strategy to recover from most infections and colds can be to consume chicken as a stew.
Faqs on Chicken Tikka Kebab
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.