COCONUT MILK RECIPE
Coconut milk acts as a substitute for those with lactose intolerance. It aids in supporting the immunity system takes care of heart health, and promotes weight loss. Click here to read the Coconut Milk recipe.
- Type - Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
- Serve - 1 / 2
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 10 Minutes
Ingredients Used To Make Coconut Milk
- 2 cups - Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3-4 cups - Water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk)
- Pinch salt
How to Make Coconut Milk at Home with Dry or Fresh Coconut
Coconut is a versatile ingredient and can be used both fresh or dry. Milk can be extracted from both forms of coconut.
How To Make Coconut Milk With Fresh Coconut
- Take a fresh mature coconut and break it open. Collect the water in a glass and grate the white flesh with a grater.
- Take the coconut grating in a blender jar. Add 1 cup of water and blend till the coconut is grounded well for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the contents into a bowl or pan with a fine strainer.
- The coconut milk will be strained. Press with a spoon on the coconut shreds so that all the milk is strained away.
How To Make Coconut Milk With Dried Coconut
- Place dried coconut and hot water in a blender.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes to soften the shredded coconut.
- Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Place a thin cloth over a large bowl.
- Hold the edges of the fabric tightly together and squeeze out as much milk as possible.
Health Benefits of Recipes with Coconut Milk
The cream formed on the liquid's surface is collected to be used as coconut cream, and the remaining liquid is then sieved and oozed out from the pulp to obtain the coconut milk. Coconut milk has many health benefits.
- It helps in weight loss - Coconut milk is rich in healthy fats. They prolong the feeling of fullness, causing you to eat less and avoid giving in to cravings.
- Rich in antioxidants - Coconut milk is rich in vitamins C and E, which are famous for their antioxidant properties. Antioxidants contained in coconut milk help to neutralize many harmful substances.
- It helps to prevent heart disease - Coconut milk helps increase the body's HDL cholesterol levels (good cholesterol). HDL cholesterol has anti-inflammatory properties that protect blood vessel lining.
- Anti-inflammatory properties - Coconut milk has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce joint pain and inflammation. Coconut milk helps to relieve inflammatory diseases.
- Beneficial For Hair & Skin - Many treatments are being done for hair and skin from coconut milk and are widely used. When applied to the skin, coconut milk helps maintain the skin's elasticity. Coconut milk is also widely used for hair as it gives it volume.
Summing Up Coconut Milk Recipe
We hope you will make the coconut milk using our coconut milk recipe and make new dishes with it. Coconut milk is an excellent substitute for dairy milk and is perfect for replacing any recipe that calls for milk. It is also an ingredient that can be used in many different recipes, such as smoothies, curries, desserts, and more.
Coconut milk is a healthy alternative to conventional dairy milk. Coconut milk is an excellent choice for anyone who is lactose-intolerant. To make coconut milk, you must purchase fresh coconuts and shred the pulp. Using a blender to mix the coconut pulp with water, you can strain the liquid. The liquid is what is commonly referred to as coconut milk.
Once you have your coconut milk, you can use it in a variety of different ways to use coconut milk in your tea or even in some recipes. One of the most popular is to use it as a substitute for dairy milk in coffee.
FAQs on Coconut Milk Recipe
Is coconut milk good for you?
Yes, coconut milk is good for you in many ways. It contains 5g fat , 2 g carbohydrates, 1.9 g Dietary fibers, 350 mg calcium, 3.6 mcg vitamin D and more.
Is coconut milk traditional milk?
It is made from coconut, a plant; therefore, it is not a dairy product. However, people can use it instead of traditional milk in tea and coffee.
They can also use coconut cream instead of dairy cream in delicious dishes, such as soups and stews.
Is coconut milk healthier than dairy milk?
The nutritional content will vary between products. Coconut milk contains less protein than dairy milk. It does not naturally have calcium, vitamin A, or vitamin D. However, products available in stores are often fortified with these nutrients.
Does coconut milk have some side effects?
Coconut milk has no side effects; it has many health benefits. One can quickly try coconut milk recipes without any problem or stress of any side effects to health.
Is coconut milk responsible for kidney and liver-related ailments?
No, coconut milk does not affect the kidneys and liver. It has properties that don't have harmful effects on any of these organs. Coconut milk has a sound impact on human health.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.