Make Mulled Wine at Home!This wine glass is served warm and makes any holiday gathering more festive. Traditionally like this mulled wine (hot drink) in Europe during the Christmas season. So let's try this at home!
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large- Orange
- 2-3 pods- Green Cardamom
- 6- Whole Clove
- 6- Allspice Berries
- 6- Black Pepper
- 1- Cinnamon Stick
- 3 cup- Fruity Red Wine
- 1/2 cup- Sugar
- 1/4 cup- Brandy
- Firstly, with a fine grater, zest, then juice the orange.
- Then with the flat side of a knife, then press firmly on the green cardamom pods to bruise them.
- Then in a large pot, combine cloves, cardamom, zest, juice, allspice, cinnamon, peppercorns, wine, sugar, and brandy.
- Then cook over medium heat, and stirring, until sugar dissolves, 4-5 minutes. Then reduce heat to low, simmer until flavors have melded, about 25-30 minutes.
- Then pour through a fine-mesh sieve, garnish with cinnamon stick, if like, then serve immediately.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.