GO-TO CASHEW CHEESE RECIPECashew Cheese must top the menu chart if you are a vegan. It has multiple recipes. Let us take you to a simple and time-saver recipe. Read here to learn more about it.
- Type - Snack/ dip
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time - 2 hours
- Cooking Time - 10 mins
Ingredients for Cashew Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup - raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of two hours and maybe overnight, then drained
- 2 tablespoons (10g) - Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp - freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp - garlic powder
- ½ tsp - fine salt
- ¼ tsp - freshly ground black pepper
- 14 cups - water (more as needed)
What is the recipe for Cashew Cheese?
- Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, soaked cashews, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast in a blender jar.
- Blend all the ingredients until it creates a coarse, moist mixture. Pour out the mixture using a spatula from the jar. Also, clean the jar's sides using the same spatula.
- Sprinkle some water into the jar, and run it one more time for 2-3 seconds. Stop and clean the jar once again.
- Add a tablespoon more water to the mixture, if necessary, and process for a further full 1-2 minutes or until the cashew cheese is thick and smooth. The texture should resemble hummus.
- After tasting the cashew cheese, season with salt, pepper, and lemon as desired.
It's time to serve now. When stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container, cashew cheese can last up to 6 days. Add fresh herbs or other flavorings if desired.
Can I Freeze Cashew Cheese?
Yes! Cashew cheese can be frozen, which I adore. It's simple for me to double the recipe below, eat some right now, and store some more for later.
What appliance do I need to make Vegan Cashew Cheese?
There are various methods for cashew cheese recipes. Some people prefer to use a blender that sprints. I think you need to add a lot of liquid to the blender to get the cheese to blend well.
What can be the different add-ins and modifications for Cashew Cheese?
You can add many personal touches and customization to your cashew cheese cuisine once the basic stuff is ready. For instance, you may add your preferred herbs to the standard cheddar cheese cashew. My go-to additions are Dill, chives, thyme, and herbs de Provence. Additionally, you can add seasonings like garlic powder, a dash of curry powder, or some smoked paprika.
How long will Cashew Cheese keep in the fridge?
You can store Cashew cheese for up to five days in an airtight container.
Health benefits of Cashew Cheese
Disclaimer - This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
Having cheddar cheese cashew is the most guilt-free spread to have. It has its own set of benefits. Some of them are as follows-
- It has no cholesterol and very little saturated fat because it is a plant-based meal (compared to 25 milligrams of cholesterol in an ounce of goat cheese). The short version is this: Depending on what you're aiming to add or avoid to your diet, cashew cheese may be a healthy alternative.
- Cashew cheese made from plants is delicious and high in calcium, protein, fiber, and vitamin B. Compared to dairy, it has more vitamins and minerals. It lacks the saturated fats found in animal cheese, which raises cholesterol and increases the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Summing Up Cashew Cheese Recipe
The delicious recipe is ready in no time when you have done your homework. Enjoy the vegan style with anything you can. Serve it with paratha, make a dip for salad, spread it for a sandwich, or lick it up.
Alcoeats has a range of vegan products. You may opt for your choice of diet and pick from it. Enjoy the recipes. Let's bring a lifestyle change for a healthier tomorrow.
FAQs on Go to Cashew Cheese Recipe
Is cashew cheese a cheese-like flavor?
Cashew cheese has a saltiness and nutty flavor. Most homemade cashew cheese has a spreadable consistency akin to ricotta or hummus, making it perfect for sauces and dips. We use nutritional yeast to add cheesiness.
With what foods do you consume cashew cheese?
This one, however, is healthier and delicious because it uses only natural ingredients. Embrace it with your preferred cuisine! Try it with pizza, salad dressing, or over potatoes!
Is cashew cheese sauce good for Mac and cheese?
Ans. For Mac and cheese, we need velvety thick cheese/ Cashew cheese sauce that is perfectly smooth for the dish. The blend is perfect for Mac and cheese.
Can we roast the raw cashews and then blend them?
Roasting will give a robust flavor. You will find it difficult to get a smooth texture to the cheese. If you are looking at the crunchiness in the cheese with cashews coming to your mouth, you can roast it. Roast under low flame to avoid over-roasting.
What are the cashew products available at Alcoeats?
Ans. You can get a range of products from Alcoeats. You can check your choicest cashew flavors at - https://alcoeats.com/collections/cashews.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.