ORGANIC CASHEW CREAM: YOUR VEGAN FRIEND!
The organic cashew cream, made by processing freshly collected cashews from organic farming, only contains pure, natural cashews without any added sweeteners, preservatives, or thickeners.
- Course - Dip
- Cuisine - Indian
- Preparing time - 8 hours
- Making time - 5 minutes
Ingredients to Make Organic Cashew Cream at Home
- 1 cup - Organic raw Cashews soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1/4-3/4 cup - Filtered water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup - For cream cheese or nut butter consistency
- 1/2 cup - For a mayonnaise consistency
- 3/4 cup - For a thin cream sauce
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
Instructions to Make Organic Cashew Cream at Home
- Place the Cashews in a bowl and soak them in filtered water.
- Cover the container and let it sit for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the cashews.
- For this batch size, a person-size blender jar works best. Add 1/4 cup of filtered water. Blend the cashews, cleaning down the sides of the jar if needed. Add more water, a small amount at a time, for consistency.
- Store covered and refrigerated for up to one week.
- Make sure to pause the blender and scrape down the sides at least once while mixing the cashew cream for the smoothest texture and highest yield.
- Discard the soaking liquid. Soaking extracts the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors from the cashews, making the cream tastier and more straightforward to digest.
How to use your Cashew Cream for more Vegan alternatives?
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and a dash of cayenne for a faux-queso dip and blend it well. Voila! Your Vegan dip is ready.
- To make a vegan Alfredo sauce, add minced garlic with the basic cashew sauce, blend once more until smooth, and then toss over warm noodles. And you have your vegan Alfredo Sauce!
- Turn cashew cream into vegan Caesar dressing with minced garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Lightly beat the chilled sweetened cashew cream using a hand or immersion blender for a vegan substitute for whipped cream.
Nutritional Value of Cashew Cream
The organic cashew cream, which is made by processing freshly collected Cashews from organic farming, only contains pure, natural cashews without any added sweeteners, preservatives, or thickeners.
In terms of nutritional qualities and calories, cashew cream contains approximately 550 calories per 100 grams, making it a great natural alternative to sports snacks or for those searching for a spreadable cream to use for breakfast or as a snack that is both healthy and tasty. Cashews in cream or pâté are nutritionally superior to other dried fruits because they have a lower fat content (about 40%–50%).
The popularity of dried fruit creams has increased recently because cashews, almonds, and peanuts are delicious and because a scientific study has revealed numerous health benefits of these nuts.
Is Cashew Cream a Healthier Choice?
Disclaimer: This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
Nuts are among the healthiest and most fulfilling snacks available, and there are dozens of different varieties. However, one of the globally-loved nuts is the magnificent cashew. Cashew nuts are derived from the cashew tree, a tropical plant native to Brazil. It's no surprise that cashews are famous among snackers and culinary specialists alike, given their incredible flavors and various health advantages. You may be familiar with cashews as a tasty snack or a fantastic way to produce a plant-based cream, but here are some of the many other excellent advantages of cashews that you may need to be made aware of!
- Cashews Are Known to Reduce Cholesterol Levels and Promote Heart Health - According to Research, cashews contribute to lower LDL and total cholesterol levels, which benefits the heart and cardiovascular system, leading to a healthy lifestyle. As shown in Studies consuming cashew nuts can help lower blood pressure. Eating a few cashews daily is a great preventive practice for long-term health because higher cholesterol causes many other dangerous illnesses.
- Cashews are Good Snack Choices to Manage and Control Diabetes - When included in a healthy diet, cashews have the incredible ability to control diabetes. The bioactive components of these nuts may impact glucose and insulin responses and reduce inflammation, and research suggests that they may assist in controlling diabetes.
- Cashews are high in nutrients that may aid in the Prevention of Certain Chronic Diseases - Consuming cashews may help prevent obesity because they make you feel fuller for longer and reduce your cravings for harmful foods. The B-complex vitamins, vitamin E, vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus are just a few vitamins that cashews are high in and may help Prevent chronic diseases. Cashews are also high in fiber, protein, and iron, making them a well-rounded nutrient source for fighting chronic disease and supporting a robust immune system.
- Cashews are abundant in minerals that may promote bone health - Potassium, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin K are all nutrients that may support strong, healthy bones, and cashews are a good source of these nutrients. Including cashews in your daily diet may help minimize your chance of breaks, sprains, and osteoporosis later in life.
- Cashews have brain-boosting properties - The human brain is mainly Composed of Fat and needs good fats, such as those in Cashews, to function correctly. Iron, zinc, and copper deficiencies may cause anxiety and depression, but fortunately, cashews also contain these nutrients that may promote mental wellness.
Summing up with Cashew Cream
A wonder of having on hand is the plain unsweetened cashew cream. Use it like mayonnaise on sandwiches or wraps, or spread it on toast in place of butter. Or, my personal preference, swirl simple cashew cream into warm oats. For luxurious mashed potatoes, combine cashew cream with boiling potatoes. Add the cream to your morning smoothie or drizzle it over some creamy scrambled eggs. You can also freeze it and use some cashew milk to transform the frozen cubes into a creamy, luscious vegan milkshake. The uses are endless, and so are the benefits!
FAQs on Organic Cashew Cream Recipe
How long does cashew cream last?
For five to six days, keep cashew cream in the refrigerator. One can freeze Cashew cream, reblend, or whisk it thoroughly when it thaws.
Why are cashews soaked before being blended?
Soaking cashews give it an incredibly creamy texture and increase nutrition! Soaking nuts (of any kind) helps eliminate phytic acid, allowing our bodies to absorb more nutrients from the nuts and making them simpler to digest.
Why does heated cashew cream thicken?
Cashew cream thickens when heated, but genuine cream thins and becomes more fluid when the small fat globules that make up more than 35% of its mass dissolve. It is because heat makes its abundant starch granules inflate.
Why is the cashew cream I use grainy?
If your cashew cream has a grainy texture, your cashews weren't soaked long enough, or your blender's blades are getting old.
How nutritious is cashew cream?
Cholesterol-Free. Rich in magnesium. Each tablespoon contains 1 gram of protein! Cashews are also high in copper, fiber, and healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.