The creamy and cheesy taste of mac and cheese recipes provide you the ultimate rich flavored pleasure. It is a favorite meal for kids, teens, and adults that is luckily easy to prepare. Mac and Cheese is a popular dish in the United States. In the olden days, this recipe was baked in the oven. It became popular in the United Kingdom as comfort food in 2010. Pasta which is similar to Macaroni is an Italian dish, which was introduced to America with a new name called Macaroni.
How Did Mac and Cheese Become a Popular Recipe Around the Globe?
In America, cheese-making began 10,000 years ago. It was made to get something perishable from milk. The first cheese factory was started in 1851 to make cheddar cheese. Before that period cheese was made on U.S farms.
It is very difficult to say where this creamy recipe originated. Some people believe it was invented in Italy, some say it is a food of English people. But the staple food of America got its name and fame due to American president Thomas Jefferson. During his trip to France, he encountered the fashionable pasta served there. He liked the taste so much that he brought back the pasta machine and its recipe with him to America. Thomas Jefferson served Mac n' cheese for the first time in 1802 at a state dinner. Everyone tasted it for the first time in the U.S and it became popular as Mac and Cheese. Surprising health benefits of Mac and Cheese. There is a controversy regarding the harmful effects of eating mac and cheese, though there is actually more to this comfort food than a load of calories, carbs, and fats that Americans may find surprising.
Mac and Cheese are considered healthy due to the presence of protein in it. It contains nine to ten grams of protein per plate.
It is an excellent source of copper. Copper? Really? Why yes. Although it doesn't taste like the President Abe Lincoln penny, It enables the body to produce red blood cells. It makes the body's immunity strong and helps in preventing cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.
This food also contains a good amount of manganese, which works as an antioxidant in the human body. It develops a higher metabolism rate, promotes healthy brain function, and protects from premature aging.
Selenium is another mineral found in Mac and Cheese. It detoxifies the body and boosts up the immune system.
Recipe of stovetop Mac and Cheese:
Cook time : 25 minutes
Serving : 4
Cuisine : American
- 1 pound elbow macaroni cooked.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take a large pot and melt butter in it over medium flame.
- Now add flour into it and whisk it nicely until the mixture is combined.
- Pour water and milk and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Stir in the macaroni, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, smoked pepper, and continue stirring until the mixture simmer.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese to save time.
- Stir occasionally and cook it for 9-10 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and stir in the grated cheese.
- Keep stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce turns creamy.
- Remove it from heat. Sprinkle chopped parsley and pepper powder.
- Serve it hot and enjoy with a side dish such as baked lemon chicken or parmesan roasted broccoli.
Tips for Making Perfect Mac and Cheese:
- You can buy any kind of macaroni but make sure while cooking the amount of water you are adding and the time you are taking to boil it. Because larger macaroni needs more time and water to get cooked.
- If you want to make the sauce thinner, then add more milk to the recipe.
- You can store the dish in the fridge for 3 days. Remember to heat it again in the oven before eating.
Mac and Cheese can be cooked in different ways. Every time you have a bowl of this yummy food you will benefit from its healthy nutrients and it's creamy flavor. The only way you can make this recipe perfect is choosing the best ingredients to use in the recipe which adds pure flavor and doesn't take away from the health aspects of the meal. Alcoeats is a perfect place to shop for pure and natural spices to meat healthy cooking needs. It provides you fresh spices and ingredients which is free from harmful chemicals.