HEALTH BENEFITS OF VEGETABLE BIRYANI
A simple, easy, and flavorful vegetable biryani recipe made in the Instant pot pressure cooker - layers of spiced vegetables, warm spices, herbs like mint and cilantro, fried onions, and basmati rice.
- Preparation Time- 20 Minutes
- Cooking time- 20 Minutes
For The Marination-
- ½ Cup - Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp - Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 - Diced Carrot
- 1 Cup - Beans
- 1 Cup - Cauliflower
- 1 Cup - Cubed Paneer
- ½ Tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp - Alcoeats Red Hot Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp - Biryani Masala
- 2 Tbsp - Lemon Juice
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 - Star Anise
- 2 - Bay Leaves
- 1 - Cinnamon Stick
- 3 - Cloves
- 3 - Cardamom
- 1 - Single Strand Mace
- 1 Tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 Cup - of Basmati Rice (Rinsed&Soaked)
- 2 Tbsp - Ghee
- 1 - Large Onion(Chopped)
- ¼ Cup - Mint Leaves
- ¼ Cup - Coriander Leaves
- ¼ Cup - Fried Onions
- 3 Tbsp - Milk
- Rinse and soak basmati rice for 20 Minutes (Drain and keep aside).
- Add milk (warm) to the glass bowl and put saffron strands into it.
Marinating the Vegetables-
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, alcoeats turmeric, alcoeats red chili powder, alcoeats veg biryani masala powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chopped vegetables and mix them thoroughly before adding salt to taste. Marinate the mixture for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Put a pressure cooker over the stove, add butter or oil to the cooker and sauté for 30 seconds before adding spices.
- Secondly, add some thinly sliced onions and cook for about four to five minutes until they start to caramelize.
- Furthermore, add the marinated vegetables to the cooker. Mix everything well and cook for 1 minute before adding additional ingredients.
- Top with half of the fresh coriander leaves, fresh mint leaves, and fried onion bits.
- Spread the soaked basmati rice evenly over the vegetables.
- Top with leftover coriander and mint leaves, along with some fried onions. Add some saffron milk over the top of the rice but don't mix it in.
- Add a few cups of water gently all around the edges of the cooker. Do not add water in the center. Ensure that rice is only just submerged under water.
- Keep the pressure cooker over heat for 20 minutes (LOW Pressure).
- Open the cooker, fluff up the rice and garnish with some more fried onions and coriander leaves.
- And lastly, serve this veg biryani in cooker with your favorite raita, salad, or kurma.
Summing Up On Vegetable Biryani
Biryani is an Indian dish that has become popular throughout the world for being a celebratory dish of celebration. Vegetarians have also adopted this delicacy and have made it their own, adapting it to be vegetarian-friendly. There are variations of vegetable biryani, such as carrot biryani, cauliflower biryani, Hyderabadi veg biryani, etc.
Alcoeats specializes in preparing delicious and healthy Indian cuisine. You won't find anything more flavorful or aromatic than an Alcoeats biryani masala, perfect for an authentic vegetable dum biryani dish.
FAQs on Vegetable biryani
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.