BIRYANI: A COMPLETE GUIDE & RECIPEIf there is anything worth comparing to the divine entity, it would be the biryani. It's aromatic, heavenly, and one of the most loved dishes. Biryani recipes are so good that they can cause a craving for more with every bite.
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 40 Minutes
Ingredients for Biryani
For Chicken Marination
- 500 gms - Chicken Pieces
- 3 Tbsp - Yogurt
- 1 ½ Tbsp - Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp - Alcoeats Easy Indie Bowl Spicy Chicken Mix
- ½ Tbsp - Alcoeats Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp - Alcoeats Red Hot Chili Powder
- Salt as per taste
For cooking Biryani
- 1 Kg - Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsp - Cooking Oil
- 2 - Bay Leaf
- ½ Tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 2 - Cardamom
- 3 - Cloves
- 2 Tbsp - Chopped coriander
- Put chicken pieces in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, turmeric, salt, red chili powder, and Easy indie bowl spicy chicken simmer sauce mix contents to the bowl and give it a nice mix.
- Marinate the chicken well and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and soak basmati rice in water for about 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf, cumin seeds, cloves, and cardamom. After a minute, when the whole spices turn aromatic, fry on a medium flame till golden brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken and saute for about 10 mins.
- Add salt and chopped coriander, and mix everything well.
- Add the rice all over the chicken, along with water. Cover the biryani pot with a lid and let it cook. After the rice is cooked in the pot, serve Biryani in layers.
Summing Up On Royal Biryani
Biryani became popular in different regions of India over time, particularly in centers with Muslims. It originated in Lucknow, Old Delhi, and Hyderabad before being embraced by everyone. Biryani preparations depend on the region; since North India has many vegetarians like Brahmins and Marwaris, they came up with vegetarian versions such as Vegetable Biriyani (called Tehri), an essential Sunday dish for many north Indian families.
Rice is an indispensable dish served all over the Southern parts of the country; there are countless ways it is prepared, depending on what you're looking for. For example, South India has an impressive amount of Biryanis, unlike anywhere else in this country. And out of these, some of them are truly spectacular- for instance, Hyderabadi Biryani of Hyderabad biryani house or even Coorgi Mutton Biryani. Both dishes hail from different regions but exhibit complexity that cannot be matched easily.
FAQs on Spicy Biryani Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.