FINGER LICKING SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH
Spicy chicken sandwiches are a popular menu item at fast-food chains and restaurants around the world, and can also be made at home using a variety of recipes and cooking methods. They are often paired with fries or other sides, and can be enjoyed as a quick and satisfying meal.
Here are all the ingredients you will need:
- Chicken coating- Flour, Cornstarch, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, and Cayenne powder
- For the sauce-1 tbsp Alco Red Hot Chili Powder
- 1 cup- Mayonnaise
- Toppings- Pickles, Tomatoes, and Lettuce (as per preferences)
- Cooking oil, for frying the chicken
- Burger buns as required
To marinate the chicken:
- Boneless chicken thighs: Use larger pieces without trimming the fat, as this makes the chicken extra juicy and tender. If possible, use chicken thighs over breasts for this grilled chicken sandwich as it results in that delicious melt-in-your-mouth texture, but you’re free to use chicken breasts if you prefer a denser, more meaty texture.
- A cup of buttermilk: This is essential for tenderizing the meat while simultaneously making it extra flavorful. Buttermilk is commonly found in grocery stores, but if it’s not available, mix a cup of whole milk with a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice. Stir them together and set aside for a few minutes before adding in the spices.
- For seasoning the marinade: Alco Red Chili Powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
How to make the best Spicy Chicken Sandwiches?
- For the best possible results, marinate the chicken overnight. This will bring out the maximum flavor in your chicken and also tenderize the meat to have that glorious melt-in-your-mouth texture. If you’re in a hurry (or can’t wait a minute more to devour the delicacy!), marinate the chicken for a minimum of 4 hours in the buttermilk mixture.
- Fry the chicken at 325˚F until they turn golden brown. It should take about 3-4 minutes for each side to cook to perfection (depending on the size of the chicken pieces, of course).
Ideally, the chicken should register 165˚F (75˚C) at its fleshiest part and should be golden brown with a crispy exterior. Fry one or two pieces at a time, as this will help maintain a uniform temperature throughout.
- Mix some of the buttermilk marinades into the flour mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture and whisk it thoroughly with a fork, to create extra-crunchy pieces for the coating. Press the flour mixture firmly onto both sides of the chicken and ensure that the entire surface is well-coated.
- Get creative with your toppings! Add a slice of tomato, garlic dill pickles, and lettuce (the choice is entirely yours!) Feel free to add any of your favorite toppings. You just can’t go wrong with this!
- Serve with lightly toasted brioche buns. Standard burger buns will do the job but using brioche buns for your crispy buttermilk chicken sandwich takes it to the next level!
- Soft & buttery brioche buns with that tiny hint of sweetness make for the most delicious and spicy chicken sandwich you can make at home. For even more spectacular results toast the buns with some butter before assembling the spicy chicken sandwiches. Just be careful not to burn them as they are quite delicate!
- Enjoy this easy and delicious spicy chicken sandwich recipe. Happy cooking!
A spicy chicken sandwich consists of a boneless breast of chicken seasoned with a spicy blend of peppers and freshly breaded. It’s then pressure cooked in 100% refined peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips.
Of course, cheese and some fresh toppings are mandatory on any spicy chicken sandwich. You can also opt for some creamy sliced mozzarella laid on top of parmesan, smoky bacon, cool tomato, and crisp romaine.
The best side dishes you can serve with a crispy chicken sandwich are fries, onion rings, and coleslaw. You can also serve a bowl of fresh salad with your sandwich if you want something light and healthy to go with it.
A grilled chicken sandwich is a good source of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. It is also healthier than a fried chicken sandwich as grilling uses much less oil compared to deep-frying, which means fewer calories and fat in your chicken sandwich.
Some of the most popular sandwich fillings for all occasions are Cheese, Ham and cheese, Ham salad, Sausage, Cheese and onion, and Egg mayonnaise.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.