Will Butter Chicken Make You Fat?
Will Butter Chicken make you fat?
Indian recipes are made with a mixture of spices and other ingredients such as coconut milk, ghee or butter, and yogurt. One of the most popular Indian recipes is butter chicken. Its spicy taste and creamy gravy made everyone a huge fan of it. Indian chefs introduced this recipe throughout the world and now it has become a popular Indian food menu in the world’s restaurants.
The origin of this splendid recipe is truly surprising. Because the founder of this recipe “Kundan Lal Jaggi and Kundan Lal Gujral made it with the left overs of tandoori chicken in a restaurant of Delhi, named Moti Mahal. It is a fusion of traditional tandoori chicken dipped in modern creamy and saucy gravy made of tomatoes, cashew paste, and fresh cream.
Many people argue that butter chicken is not good for health, containing a high amount of calories and saturated fats. Today, being fat is considered the biggest enemy of your health. Though consuming fats in the correct quantities and certain fats can actually be better for your body and help reduce weight instead of eating more carbohydrates foods. Butter chicken contains butter and sometimes full-fat cream which makes it a high-fat meal from these ingredients.
Butter chicken is avoided by some for its high calorie content, though when asked about consuming butter chicken they always say it's one of they favorite dishes to eat.
But my question is – Is the butter that much worse for our health?
According to a report, every year over 8 million metric tons of butter is consumed by people throughout the world. The world’s top butter consumer countries are France, Denmark, Iceland, Czech Republic, and New Zealand. India comes at 11th position in the matter of butter consumption. So, why are all these people consuming tons of butter if it is normally seen as bad for health?
The reason lies in its benefits. Everything taken within limits is good for your health. For e.g – If you are going to consume water more than required, it can also cause some health issues. Thus, if we can cook this super-delicious recipe at home by using a limited amount of butter and fresh ingredients. The outcome will be outstanding both for your taste buds as well as you health.
Let's figure out the good sides of consuming butter chicken –
- The goodness of Carbs and Fibers: On consuming one plate of butter chicken you will gain 14 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. Both carbohydrates and fiber help in the digestion of food. Fiber also regulates the sugar level in your body, and both these nutritional supplements are the powerhouse of energy.
- You need calories to survive: This creamy curry can provide you 445 calories. Calories are important to keep your body organs functioning. You can easily burn the extra calorie by engaging in physical activity which is essential for your health.
- Reduce the amount of fat: Butter chicken is made up of cream and butter, which contains a good amount of fat. But you can reduce the amount of fat by choosing a limited amount of ingredients. Moreover, a single plate of this recipe contains only 15 grams of fat; you can easily consume less than 22 grams of fat as a healthy diet.
So, next time you are planning to eat butter chicken but you are concerned about your cholesterol level, then prepare this easy to cook and low-fat butter chicken recipe at home. You can buy Butter Chicken - Indian Simmer Sauce Mix made of fresh ingredients that will provide the classy butter chicken taste and also take care of your health at the same time. This jar contains an adequate amount of fresh spices needed to prepare this recipe. Thus, you don’t need to rush to your local store to buy the ingredients. I use this while cooking Butter chicken, it's truly a time-saver and usually turns out to have better flavor than when I make it from scratch.
Recipe Serving – 4
Cook Time – 30 Mins
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 200 gram chicken chunks.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- ¼ cup yogurt
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Butter Chicken - Indian Simmer Sauce Mix.
- Marinate the chicken cubes with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Mix it well and freeze it for 12-15 minutes.
- Put a pan on flame, add water to it. Let it boil. Now add the Butter Chicken - Indian Simmer Sauce Mix to the pan and stir it for 6-8 minutes.
- Take another pan, add butter to it and melt it on low flame. Take out the marinated chicken and pan fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Put the mixture pan on flame again; simmer the gravy by dropping fried chicken in it for another 2-4 min.
- Garnish with a little whisked cream and coriander leaves
- Serve hot with basmati rice.
Enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe at the dinner table with your loved ones.
JOIN THE ALCOEATS REVOLUTION and Get 30% OFF
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Alcoeats news and more!