Indian Style Spicy Mac and Cheese Recipe
Indian Style Spicy Mac and Cheese Recipe
Macaroni and cheese is a very popular dish in the United States. The first mentioned record about mac and cheese were found in Elizabeth Raffald’s 1770 book. The recipe was made with Bechamel sauce and grated cheese mixed with macaroni and baked in own.
It was also mentioned in a popular cookbook of the 19th century which was written by Mary Randolph. The former president of the United States, Thomas Jefferson during his visit to France tasted the yummy Italian pasta there and became a huge fan of that recipe. While coming back to the U.S he brought the pasta machine and recipe with him. This creamy and cheesy recipe becomes the staple food of America from that period.
But today I am not telling you about the creamy and baked American Mac and Cheese. I will share with you the tangy and spicy Indian styled Mac and Cheese recipe which is a favorite meal of Indian kids.
Magical Indian spices that can make your food pleasurable:
It is used extensively in Indian recipes. Starting from Naan to meat curries and other spicy preparation contains garlic. It gives a strong and punchy flavor to each recipe.
Garam Masala Powder:
This special powder is a blend of so many spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, fenugreek seeds, peppercorns, bay leaves, fennel seeds, Nutmeg. All these spices are roasted and turned into a fine powder.
In India, the original version of Mac and cheese were completely twisted and got a new identity as Masala Mac and cheese.
Cook time - 25 Minutes
Servings - 4
- 400 gm macaroni
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 cup frozen fresh peas
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp refined flour
- 2 cup milk
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 5-6 green chilies
- 2 tbsp butter
- Red and green bell peppers
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Fresh chopped cilanatro
- Let’s start making spicy Mac and cheese by boiling the macaroni in water.
- Once the Macaronis are cooked drain the water and set them aside on a dry plate.
- Chop the onions green chilies and bell peppers.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium flame. Now add 1 tbsp butter to it.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste into the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add peas, bell pepper to the pan and season it with salt. Cover the lid for five minutes and cook the veggies on low flame.
- Add tomato puree, garam masala and sauté it again for 2 minutes.
- Now add another tbsp of butter. Let it get melted with the spicy mixture then add the refined flour.
- Mix the flour well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk slowly.
- Cook it for up to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Grate the cheese over the sauce.
- Add the macaroni to the cheesy gravy.
- Now transfer it on a baking tray and garnish with grated cheese, bread crumbs.
- Bake it for 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve it hot to your loved ones.
You can also cook Indian masala curry made with Mac and cheese. The cheesy and flavorful curry is a nutritious meal to satisfy your cravings. This healthy curry contains veggies like peas, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, and ginger-garlic paste. But there is something different about this recipe that makes it tastier. Instead of using cow milk, coconut milk is used to cook this recipe. It is cooked in spicy gravy and garnished with shredded cheese and cilantro.
The benefit of eating Indian spicy Mac and Cheese is its healthy ingredients. We know that refined flour causes stomach related issues but Indian spices infused recipes can help you in many ways. It contains antioxidants, vitamins, and healthy nutrients that not only improves your health but promotes healthy digestion also. This is the magical power of Indian spices.
So, this way you can cook Indian styled Mac and Cheese recipe. You can cook this recipe to experiment with something new. You might be looking to cook the recipe most quickly. If you want to buy the pure ingredients for your healthy diet, then visit our online website Alcoeats. We have pure and gluten-free ingredients. You can avail Indian Whole Spices and Seasonings to make your food tastier.
Eat pure, stay healthy.